Old 09-26-2015, 11:08 AM   #1
Rivet Master
1992 36' Land Yacht
Grayson , Georgia
Trying to find emergency brake switch

I've been having issues lately with the leveling system coming alive. It's an HWH 610 auto leveling system. I've been able to trace the problem to a faulty manual emergency brake switch. This is not the dreaded green switch since it's a 92 model P30 LY and is located right at the emergency brake foot pedal.

When I depress the emergency brake pedal, the "Not in Park" light remains on. If I play/wiggle around the switch/wire the light will go out. Once the light is out the system comes to life and I can deploy and retract the jacks.

The problem I'm having is I can't find the switch in any of the parts catalogs. The switch has a single spade connector (white wire) that comes off of it. Does anyone know if the switch is a stock P30 item or some kludge that AS put together from another make/model year vehicle.

Planning on taking the MH to the Petit Lemans race at Road Atlanta on Tues. I can bypass the switch for now but would like to get it working properly if possible.

The most frustrating thing with working on these MHs is finding parts that are not standard on the P30. AS was in the habit of sourcing stuff from all kinds of vehicles and I don't have a complete parts list.
92landyacht is offline   Reply With Quote

Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off