Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-10-2006, 03:35 PM   #1
4 Rivet Member

1983 31' Airstream310
Iwerne Minster , Dorset. UK
Arrow Spare Parts/replacements lists

I may be treading on someones toes , or this has been covered already and I just cant find it..... but..

Has there been any attempt to compile a list of replacement parts, by part numbers, availability, compatible replacements for none manufactured items; and of course where to purchase same.

I did belong to one vehicle forum in the past where someone begged for part numbers as members bought items, any thing from a spark plug to a con rod, fan belts to suspension bushes etc. and then published them for look-up by the members.

This formed a valuable reference for any one refurbishing their vehicle.

In my case at this time, I am trying to source rear Airbags and exhaust headers in the UK. I think I have found the headers from 'Real Steal' but as for Airbags... there seems to be a few anomalies between OEM and whats available here. I would be willing to buy from the USA if possible, but the likes of Camping World (and I have a Presidents Card!) don't want to know overseas customers so there is the first blank.

Your thoughts lads and lassies please
Chuck
Dorset UK

Don't take life so seriously.... it is not permanent!
Chuckles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2006, 06:28 AM   #2
Rivet Master

1984 28' Funeral Coach
Belleview , Florida
Chuck, the air bags actually where easy to source for my rig. The manufacturer has used them in quite a few different applications and AS was just one of them. If all else fails I'm sure we can work out something to help you get yours. The shop that did mine is about 40 miles away and had them in stock when I needed them.
Glen Coombe AIR #8416
1984 28' Funeral Coach
Former Rolling Showroom & PuttLab (now party bus)
"I'm not an expert. But I did sleep in an Airstream last night."
GlenCoombe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2006, 10:12 AM   #3
4 Rivet Member

1983 31' Airstream310
Iwerne Minster , Dorset. UK
Quote:
Originally Posted by GlenCoombe
Chuck, the air bags actually where easy to source for my rig. The manufacturer has used them in quite a few different applications and AS was just one of them. If all else fails I'm sure we can work out something to help you get yours. The shop that did mine is about 40 miles away and had them in stock when I needed them.
Thanks Glen, I will certainly bear that in mind if all sources here dry up - (we have a drought, don't ya know!)
Chuck

Don't take life so seriously.... it is not permanent!
Chuckles is offline   Reply With Quote