Old 05-27-2006, 12:17 PM   #1
Rivet Master
Yorkshire , England
Rear Wiper...

... Funny how U never need anything until U need it !!!... I mean U only use Yr rear wiper when U need it...LOL... well mine started 2 make a kinda loud buzzin noise.. then it swiped then stopped but continued 2 buzz, it's the auto off model, by Ford, so I jus thought I'll take a peep inside 2C if I can find any Gremlins... after I took it out of the tailgate & stripped off the cover plate, there is was, the nasty Mr. Gremlin..., water had bn runnin down the shaft in2 the cogs, & all the grease was long ago turned in2 a baked dry powder... the shaft had bn slowly seizin & the motor drive worm & drive cog are NYLON, naturaly all the teeth were stripped from the cogs...thus makin it useless...
So I foned up a local salvage yard, Yep I got lots, how many do U need, he asked with a confident flow in His voice..., I stated I needed the FLAT one & NOT the standard Round one, Yep I got one, so off I goes on My 4 mile trip... only 2b almost convinced that I were WRONG... so bk 2 the car, & return with my FLAT wiper motor... after a few ums n r's...He says the other Guy must have sold them ALL... well I could C from where I was standin, ALL his Fiestas were OLDER than My model, & do NOT have the flat unit...
So lesson learnt here is: What's runnin is best LEFT alone... NOT the case tho, I'll get a unit in the next day or so, open it up, strip it down, clean it & fill it with grease...& bob's Yr Uncle...( HOPEFULY )...Chris.....
It's NICE 2B Important...but it's more Important 2B NICE...Chris.....
canny_banjo_man is offline   Reply With Quote