Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-20-2002, 06:41 AM   #1
1 Rivet Member

Cool Questions about a 2000 Land Yacht

I'm new to this forum and to Airstream. So I have a few questions that I hope can be answered here. I bought a 2000 Land Yacht diesel pusher that was a left over model. It has been sitting on the dealer's lot for some time. I bought it while I was in Utah on a business trip (traded in our gas rig). We drove it back to Maryland (2200 miles). We have had a few problems not the least of which is getting warrantee work done.

The driver's side windshield just cracked for no apparent reason! A crack started at the bottom and worked it's way up and then across. Is this a known problem? The other major problem is the dash air, it doesn't work. I took it to Freightliner and they said the compressor is OK and that the freon probably leaked out due to sitting on the lot for so long. Then ACME, the vendor for the cab air for AS said they wouldn’t cover that - what a deal!

I can't find any dealer around Maryland that is willing to do warrantee work. Is this a problem with A/S's? The company said I could bring it back to the factory but that's a 500 mile trip - one way.

Did I buy a headache? Thanks for your comments.

Jack
Old 06-20-2002, 07:43 AM   #2
Just a member

1978 28' Argosy 28
Lutz , Florida
Send a message via AIM to thenewkid64 Send a message via Yahoo to thenewkid64
Jack,

Here is a contact at the factory. I would try here first. I would ask the factory to reffer you dealer and prearrainge with them to get the work done. I am not aware of any problems as you describe with the Land Yacht motorhomes, but you should have some recourse regarding Warranty.

(877) 596-6505 it rings as the airstream tech support line.

Good Luck, let us know how it turns out.
WBCCI #5501 AIR # 49
-------------------------
1978 Argosy 28 foot Motorhome

Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something. -- Plato

thenewkid64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2003, 09:52 AM   #3
1 Rivet Member

Jack;
Join the Airstream club and look in the Annual Directory, Jan 2003 edition for the Airstream dealer in Delaware. If that is not possible, call Airstream and ask for the closest dealer. You have purchased a wonderful unit and fixing a few things under warranty will make you much happier.

Fred
Happy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2003, 10:12 AM   #4
Rivet Master

LOST , Hawaii
Try this link to find a dealer near you. Brett's advice sounds good, call the factory and prearrange the visit, if there is a manufacturing problem with the windshield cracking they can give the dealer a heads up on what is needed to keep it from cracking again, maybe even get one shipped so you don't have to make multiple trips. They should also be able to advise you who will end up doing the refrigerant refill so you don't get the runaround.

John
74Argosy24MH is offline   Reply With Quote