Old 03-05-2018, 04:21 PM   #15
Rivet Master

1991 25' Airstream 250
Oxford , Oxfordshire
Would agree with post above. Re-check fuel pressure.

Boom Sounds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2018, 04:26 PM   #16
3 Rivet Member

1991 35' Airstream 350
Barry's Bay , Ontario
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boom Sounds View Post
Spot on. One pump at fuel tank and one main filter on frame rail roughly half way along. There is (I believe) another filter with the pump at the fuel tank. Defo worth looking at access options from above which might avoid dropping the tank. Also worth looking at the air lock issue in the 1990/91 chassis manual. I think it was a service bulletin. If you are getting that reading it sounds like fuel supply. I would check carefully before you attempt the fuel pump though. If you find pressure is OK, check your TBI unit for injector issues or blown gaskets.

I cannot find a filter near the tank
I had an 89 that did have a filter just ahead of the tank
Someone suggested I take a pressure check at the tank, but I donít think I can connect a pressure gauge there

Thanks for your help guys

Old 03-06-2018, 04:38 AM   #17
Rivet Master

1991 25' Airstream 250
Oxford , Oxfordshire
I would have thought you could check pressure at the filter on the frame rail, perhaps before it hits the filter. Then recheck at the throttle body. If itís still 3, the itís pointing to the pump by fuel tank. Whether itís duff or poor ground etc. I think that second filter is submerged into the tank by the pump. If you look on the sticky, youíll find links to all the service and repair manuals which should describe all this stuff. Iíd start there and follow their guidance on fixes including looking at that vapour lock issue.
Old 03-06-2018, 04:40 AM   #18
3 Rivet Member

1991 35' Airstream 350
Barry's Bay , Ontario
Thanks for your information
I do not know how to find the links on here
Old 03-06-2018, 06:35 AM   #19
Rivet Master

1991 25' Airstream 250
Oxford , Oxfordshire
Here you go. Download all the 91 manuals here:

http://www.airforums.com/forums/f311...ml#post1895608

Have a look at pages 3-46 COMPUTER COMMAND CONTROL and A-6. You should have a Rochester 220 TBI. One last thought on this. I can't recall precisely how the TBI system works, but it has a number of loops (states) which it operates in. This is pure speculation on my part, but it is also conceivable that the pump is being controlled or not operating as expecting because of something else not working as expected e.g. O2 sensor or a faulty ECM. Have you got any fault lights on the dash? There should be a procedure to follow outlined on the link above.

Your coach (90 upwards) has early computer electronics, hence you have basic diagnostics on-board (OBD1). You should also familiarise yourself with that, how to access it and etc if you intend to fix things yourself. You'll find loads on the net and AirForums about OBD1. You can buy some cheap kit to give you diagnostic readings etc. The GM fault codes are widely available on the internet.

Nick