Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Knowledgebase > Airstream Motorhome Forums > Mechanics Corner - Engines, Transmission & More...
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 08-18-2004, 06:55 PM   #1
Motorhome Pilot

1999 31' Land Yacht
Lakewood , Colorado
Motorhome Backup Camera

I need to replace my Land Yacht backup camera. Bought a nice color camera with RCA plugs for connections. Find the old camera had a 3mm 4-pin mini DIN cable. Any suggestions as to how to proceed?
demong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2004, 07:31 PM   #2
Retired.

Currently Looking...
. , At Large
Quote:
Originally Posted by demong
I need to replace my Land Yacht backup camera. Bought a nice color camera with RCA plugs for connections. Find the old camera had a 3mm 4-pin mini DIN cable. Any suggestions as to how to proceed?
Now that you already have a replacement camera, you are more or less committed to using it. In the interest of ease of installation, a wireless camera would be great. Can you go to your local electronics supply store, and see if maybe they have some kind of adapter from your new camera to the vehicle's wiring? They probably won't, but it's worth a shot.
Terry
Old 08-29-2004, 04:40 AM   #3
2 Rivet Member

Radio Shack

RS has adapters for RCA to Din or the other way.
Rick
gwteale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2004, 08:37 PM   #4
Rivet Master

You might be able to trade your new camera back to the place where you purchased it for a new wireless job.

John G
System: Jordon 2020 Ultima Brake Controller
Hook-Up: Equalizing Hitch and Sway Bar
JohnG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2005, 03:46 PM   #5
3 Rivet Member

1995 35' Land Yacht Diesel
Noblesville , Indiana
Landyacht Backup Camera

Also have camera on Landyacht. What were the symptoms that caused you to replace the camera? Mine has started becoming intermittant while rolling down the road. Is this the camera, or wiring problem? Turn on the unit (Sony) at the dash and get a blank screen. Then anywhere from 5 minutes to 30 minutes later an image pos up which will last from 10 seconds to 6 hours. Off time is getting more predominant over the past three months. Since the cable is sealed from camera to monitor am having trouble deciding where the problem is. Do the cameras wear out?

Thanks!
gunworks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2005, 08:33 AM   #6
3 Rivet Member

1995 35' Land Yacht Diesel
Noblesville , Indiana
Back up camera

What were the symptoms that caused you to buy a new camera. Mine started going intermittent several months back and now will not come on, but for a few minutes during a three hour trip.
gunworks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2005, 06:04 PM   #7
Rivet Master

1984 28' Funeral Coach
Belleview , Florida
Should be pretty easy to go from the din...cut it off. Take the RCA, cut it off. You will have three wires to contend with. Once is Video. The other will be power and the remaining will be ground. The only problem will be if you have zoom functions and then it gets complicated. If it's just a dumb video setup like most you're in for an easy direct wire fix.
Glen Coombe AIR #8416
1984 28' Funeral Coach
Former Rolling Showroom & PuttLab (now party bus)
"I'm not an expert. But I did sleep in an Airstream last night."
GlenCoombe is offline   Reply With Quote