Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Knowledgebase > Airstream Motorhome Forums > Mechanics Corner - Engines, Transmission & More...
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 09-30-2018, 09:52 AM   #1
Rivet Master

1992 36' Land Yacht
Grayson , Georgia
Help: Need to find DRAC/VSSB module

I have a trip planned in a week and the speedometer stopped working. I need to locate the DRAC/VSSB module on my 1992 Landyacht 36'. Anybody have an idea where it is located?
92landyacht is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2018, 01:46 PM   #2
Rivet Master

1992 36' Land Yacht
Grayson , Georgia
Hard to believe that nobody knew where it is located. I guess it's not something looked at very often. Ended up finding it attached to the side of the case that houses the ECM under the steering column. Sent out for a replacement since this one tested out as bad. Symptoms were no speedometer function. Oddly there was no check engine light and the tranny was shifting fine so the ECM input must have still worked. Swapped it out with a loaner and the speedometer started to work again. Threw a check engine light since it was not programmed correctly for my P30. Hope the new one solves everything. Ended up pulling the differential cover to get the exact gear ratio. Never had the cover off so it was time to flush and replace the differential fluid anyway.
92landyacht is offline   Reply With Quote