I've spent the last couple of weeks reworking the generator compartment on our 310 mh. The insulation was disintegrating and the lower pan was an oily mess. I used our backhoe with pallet forks to support the generator as I slid it out. The transfer went smooth but I decided at that point that I'd rather have the generator on drawer slides. With slides I can just use the motorcycle stand to slide onto.
Attached are some pictures of the before and after. The slides cost a total of $70 + $15 sh. They are rated for 500 lbs and the genset weighs 350 lbs so I felt that was an acceptable safety margin considering the generator would only be pulled out for service and/or removal.
I ended up having to steam clean the tray it was so oily and grungy. The drawer slides were mounted to the sides of the original tray and as a result raised the whole unit about 1/2" higher than it was originaly. When slid out the whole assembly feels extremely solid. I'm quite pleased with the installation. I used bolts in two of the original front mounting holes with 1/2" spacers to lock the tray down while in use. Overall I think it was well worth the price and effort to do.
Next is to rebuild the steering linkage on the drivers side