Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Knowledgebase > Airstream Motorhome Forums > Mechanics Corner - Engines, Transmission & More...
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 08-20-2015, 02:27 PM   #1
2 Rivet Member

2014 27' Flying Cloud
Seguin , Texas
Fuel Filter on 2015 AI

Where the heck is the fuel filter? I pulled out the Mercedes Sprinter manual and they show a small picture under the hood where it explains how to bleed the water from the Separator. Got under hood and see nothing that looks the same as the pic. Trying to see which part number I need so I can get a spare to keep in the Unit.

Talked to parts guy at closest MB Sprinter dealership and he said there are three different filters that they could have used that are all configured a little differently. So need to find the installed in my AI!

Sent from my iPhone using Airstream Forums
Laidback1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2015, 06:13 AM   #2
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
Mantua , Ohio
Google the Sprinter Forum.
xrvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2015, 06:33 AM   #3
Figment of My Imagination

2012 Interstate Coach
From All Over , More Than Anywhere Else
This might help…
Sprinter Fuel Filter Change | Sprinter Van DiariesAssuming that your 2015 Interstate was built on a 2014 Sprinter, I searched for "2014 Sprinter Fuel Filter" and this was the best page that came up.
Old 08-21-2015, 07:21 AM   #4
4 Rivet Member

2012 25' FB Eddie Bauer
Southwestern Ontario , Ontario Canada
Send a message via MSN to TRIPPPIN Send a message via Yahoo to TRIPPPIN
Mine was a 2008 but I think it is the same as I have a 2014 ML bluetec and it is similar too. I let the dealer change my first fuel filter as the factory connections can be problematic so if it gets broke warranty is there. Ask for the old one and you have future reference to buy the part. Also you can buy them without the sensor and they are cheaper.
You must remove the airbox etc. to get at them
TRIPPPIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2015, 02:10 PM   #5
2 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
Nemo , South Dakota
The end of the drain hose should be in an opening just to the left of the radiator overflow tank and in front of the cabin air filter box. Follow it back under the over flow tank to the black plastic inline drain valve next to the right bank camshaft cover. The valve is just below the red oil dip stick. Be careful not to pull the drain hose off the valve. It's just pushes on the valve nipple.

If you go to wixfilters.com and click on the filter lookup tab, just put in Sprinter for model and the year, the search results will list three numbers for the 3.0L engine. Click on each one to see a picture of the connection configuration. It will be easy to tell which one of these matches yours. If you prefer to use a different brand, just cross reference the WIX number.

As mentioned previously, the filter is located near the center of the engine under the intake air inlet box. You can easily see the top of the filter with a flash light. Look to the right of the camshaft cover in the opening below the air box. It will have a rather large electrical connector and two hoses.

Changing is no too complicated but does require removing the intake air box and a special tool for the hose clamps. The clamps are not reusable.
clarklaflare is offline   Reply With Quote