Old 10-04-2012, 08:34 PM   #15
4 Rivet Member
Currently Looking...
1995 36' Classic 36
Boulder , Colorado
Originally Posted by AdamB View Post
I did get a quote from my diesel mechanic regarding the exhaust brake and it was not going to be an inexpensive undertaking. I didn't write it down, but I think it was like $3-$4k due to the valve springs replacement. I drive a rig at work worth 10 times as much as my Cutter with a modern exhaust brake, so it's a little unnerving downshifting the Cutter and stab braking on all the hills. I actually think I would get the exhaust or Jake brake first....

I hope your current trip is going well. You can click on my profile to see how one of our trips this year took a little detour. All was good in the end though.
Went over Monarch Pass at 11,300 feet the other day. Did real well bout up and down. Proper technique is definitely required. I can do the install myself including the valve springs so I might tackle a Pac Brake this winter.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Fall 2012 326 (Large).jpg
Views:	63
Size:	100.4 KB
ID:	169549   Click image for larger version

Name:	Fall 2012 328 (Large).jpg
Views:	65
Size:	139.0 KB
ID:	169550  

Dakota is offline   Reply With Quote

Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off