Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Knowledgebase > Airstream Motorhome Forums > Mechanics Corner - Engines, Transmission & More...
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 06-15-2017, 05:04 PM   #1
1 Rivet Member

1983 31' Airstream310
Athens , Georgia
310 Vacuum A/C controls

Greetings! I am sorting out some issues with our 1983 310 A/C control system and I am unable to find any information on the vacuum lines at the back of the Chrysler sourced panel. The A/C system itself was made by ARA, which is long since out of business. Some of the parts are available from ACME A/C. I was able to find a new Chrysler vacuum control head of the same part number by googling it. I only can find 4 colored plastic tubes that connect to the panel via the translucent vinyl block, and I suspect they may be in the wrong positions.

Here's what I have determined using a hand vacuum pump:

Orange...defrost vents
Sky Blue...recirculation
White...dash vents
Black...supply from engine/reserve sphere

Should there be another, say for floor vents? There is one more opening through the translucent connector. If so, where is the floor vacuum damper?

Any clues/facts would help.

Thanks!
310-1983 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2017, 05:13 PM   #2
Rivet Master

2005 34' Classic S/O
2006 39' Land Yacht 396 XL
north blenheim , New York
Great question...,i'de like to know myself ! Regards, Bob
bobmiller1 is offline   Reply With Quote