Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-24-2015, 03:36 PM   #1
1 Rivet Member

Hickory , North Carolina
2003 LY OBD2 plug location

Good evening everyone,

I was wondering if anyone knows were the OBDII plug is located on the 2003 LY with the 8.1 Vortec. I have looked all over underneath the dash on the drivers side under the steering column and I can't see it anywhere.

Anyone have this problem and can point me in the correct location? I want to add the Scangauge II to the LY but I have to find that dang plug first.

Thanks for the help.
rrzasa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2015, 05:00 PM   #2
Figment of My Imagination

2012 Interstate Coach
From All Over , More Than Anywhere Else
Quote:
Originally Posted by rrzasa View Post
I was wondering if anyone knows were the OBDII plug is located on the 2003 LY with the 8.1 Vortec. I have looked all over underneath the dash on the drivers side under the steering column and I can't see it anywhere.

Anyone have this problem and can point me in the correct location? I want to add the Scangauge II to the LY but I have to find that dang plug first.
I honestly have no clue, but on my Interstate it's inside the same cover as the dashboard fuse box, not in the open. Yours might be similarly hidden.

Of course, any RV that uses custom coachwork on a bus chassis might have the OBDII port in the engine compartment, because when the engine/chassis was delivered to Airstream there was no dashboard to even mount it to.
Old 02-25-2015, 09:07 AM   #3
Rivet Master

2024 Interstate 19
Fulton , Maryland
Your LY may not have an OBD connector. It is only required on light duty vehicles and trucks. See EPA page below.

http://www.epa.gov/obd/

- - Mike
2013 Lounge EXT on 2012 Sprinter
Previous: 2013 Airstream Interstate 3500 Ext Lounge
Boxster1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2015, 01:10 PM   #4
1 Rivet Member

Hickory , North Carolina
Thanks for the posts, I just called Airstream and they are pretty sure it has one and that I should look near the firewall under the steering column. So it's back under there with a flash light.

Any other 03 LY owners ever have the Scangauge II put in? Maybe one of you can enlighten me?
Old 03-30-2015, 03:33 PM   #5
2 Rivet Member

2004 30' Land Yacht Gas 30
, OH
My 2003 land yacht has the connector mounted 6 inches from the steering column. It is in plain sight in fact the plastic dashboard has a special notch for it.

Sent from my iPhone using Airstream Forums
Old 04-01-2015, 09:54 PM   #6
1 Rivet Member

Hickory , North Carolina
Thanks Loreepeter, I located the cutout in the dash 6" to the left of the steering column. The PO had unmounted the odb2 plug and had installed a trailer brake controller in that exact spot. I removed the brake controller and lo and behold the odb2 plug was taped to the top of the controller.

Now off to Autozone tomorrow to pick up a ScanGauge II and get it installed before we take off for our Easter trip to Myrtle Beach.