Old 09-16-2013, 07:09 PM   #15
Rivet Master

1982 31' Airstream 310
champaign , Illinois
new timing case cover installed, new harmonic balancer, new water pump pulley, new belts, shot of grease in the water pump, radiator repaired and boiled out and pressure tested, and ready to put the thing back together. learned a lot about the front end of this motor in the process. will post pics in the next day or two. quite the project.

Old 09-23-2013, 04:25 PM   #16
1 Rivet Member

1983 28' Airstream 280
Burlingame , California
what kind of place did you take your radiator to? where would you have purchased one if you had to replace it? i have an 83 280 TD and its running hot with steady driving, (ie. freeway driving) stop and go is fine as any time i take my foot off the gas it starts cooling down again.

Old 09-24-2013, 06:52 AM   #17
Rivet Master

1982 31' Airstream 310
champaign , Illinois
we still have a few "old school" shops in town here that specialize in radiator repair and heater cores, gas tank repair etc. they have been around a long time and still will solder and repair the individual damaged fins in a radiator. if i ended up having to replace the entire radiator im sure they would be able to find one for me. you will have to find a business thats been around long enough where there was no such thing as a "plastic" radiator. it was a common practice to repair rather than replace the old radiators. now i pulled the radiator myself and brought it to them, im not sure if they would have removed it from my rig and then done the repairs and reinstalled. ive never brought the entire vehicle to these guys ive always removed the part (once i brought them the gas tank out of a 59 chevy pick up) and carried it in to them. good luck, im sure you can find a place to look at it for you.