Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-30-2002, 02:48 AM   #1
2 Rivet Member

Smile Wooden screen door

Hi everyone -

I am currently awaiting delivery of a 1989 370le (will be delivered next week!). I have been reading as much as I can on airstreams and have found this site to be my absolute favorite . . .

I took a look at the vintage vacations website (it's incredible what he can do to those trailers!) and really like the idea of a wooden screen door. Will this work on the airstream motorhome?

Also . . . a bit further down the road for me . . . my mh has an island queen bed which I would love to change to two couches that face each other that turn into beds (for more seating and versatility as the bed would only get used at night and it seems like such a waste of precious space!). Is this too crazy and can it be done?

Thanks for your input!

-Emily
eraffety is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2002, 06:39 AM   #2
Airstream Driver

1994 30' Excella
1992 35' Airstream 350
Austin , Texas
Hi Emily,
Welcome to the Forum and the family of Airstream owners.
I share your excitement about your new Motorhome and hope to see some pictures in the future.
I believe a wooden door would be rather hard to implement, due to space, curve and maintenance.
Your remodel plans for the island bed would much depend on the utilities located under the bed and elsewhere in that space. (water tank, plumbing etc)
PeterH-350LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2002, 04:57 PM   #3
2 Rivet Member

Thank you so much for your input, Peter. I will try to post some pics that I have from the delaer as soon as I retrieve them from my computer ( I just got this Powerbook and have never used Mac before!).
Old 03-30-2002, 06:29 PM   #4
Rivet Master

1966 26' Overlander
Woodstock , Georgia
I am the Mac guy if you ever need any help!I support 175 of them on our LAN at work. From the older 5200's to the Imac with OS 10.
ALANSD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2002, 07:32 PM   #5
Rivet Master
Commercial Member

1977 20' Argosy 20
Charleston , West Virginia
Send a message via Yahoo to ViewRVs
Emily,

Welcome to the group! I would love pictures of your 1989 370 for my site. (shameless plug coming up...)

http://www.geocities.com/fredhinds/a...airstream.html

What is the floor plan like? How many people will be in the party wagon? You have that sweet wrap around eating area, a couch, and some chairs up front. I do like the multi-use thought. It reminds me of the new Fleetwood X-Gen's rear area that is a table/seating area by day and a large bed at night.
ViewRVs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2002, 11:44 PM   #6
2 Rivet Member

Thanks, Alan - I had my pictures on my pc, then I e-mailed the pics to my aol.com address so I could pull it up on my laptop (the mac). I then downloaded it - but I can't pull it up! When I go to locate it and I open it nothing happens. I think I will try to load the pictures from my pc. Less trouble.

Hey, Fred! (I feel as if I know all of you since I've been lurking around for a couple of weeks, just getting the feel of things . . .)

I do know your site - I just love it! My motorhome doesn't have the two seats across from the sofa in the front like the one on your site (it does have the wrap-around dinette, though!). It has a credenza-looking unit across from the sofa (the dealer called it a "computer desk"). It has hardwood floors throughout and white leather couch, white leather dinette bench and white leather driver and passenger seats. It is gorgeous! I just tried attaching the picture to this reply - but it was too big - I will try to send it to the airstream photos site and take it from there.

I bought the unit sight unseen (over the internet) - the unit is in Michigan and I am in Southern California. Crazy, I know, but it was from a very reputable dealer who is putting it through a safety inspection and guarantees that all systems are go. It isn't the craziest thing I've done (I've also bought a house in Maine over the internet . . .but that's another story). Everyone I know thinks I'm nuts . . . oh, well. It was too beautiful a coach to pass up . . .

I will work on those pics . . .

Old 01-07-2009, 11:13 AM   #7

1989 37' Airstream 370
Arlington , Washington
Quote:
Originally Posted by eraffety View Post
Hi everyone -

I am currently awaiting delivery of a 1989 370le (will be delivered next week!). I have been reading as much as I can on airstreams and have found this site to be my absolute favorite . . .

I took a look at the vintage vacations website (it's incredible what he can do to those trailers!) and really like the idea of a wooden screen door. Will this work on the airstream motorhome?

Also . . . a bit further down the road for me . . . my mh has an island queen bed which I would love to change to two couches that face each other that turn into beds (for more seating and versatility as the bed would only get used at night and it seems like such a waste of precious space!). Is this too crazy and can it be done?

Thanks for your input!

-Emily
When did you get your 370 LE? I just bought one in December 08 and I have not used it yet. From what I hav red on the internet this is a very rare model and only about 15 were made.
Send pictures.
Linc
lincdavid@verizon.net
Linc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2011, 07:46 PM   #8
3 Rivet Member

1991 35' Airstream 350
Laurel , Maryland
I share your screen door vision

I just could not figure how to bend the wood to match the contour. I decided to make the original screen door look more vintage. I removed the upper aluminium screen protector and painted the side that faces out Airstream grey to match the top color on my 91 350LE. That makes it dissapear and added a David Winick screen protector on the outside of the door.
t7389sg is offline   Reply With Quote