Old 07-16-2003, 09:28 AM   #15
2 Rivet Member

Solar Screens?

Do you have any information on these solar screens? Thanks.

Old 07-16-2003, 09:44 AM   #16
Aluminut

2004 25' Safari
. , Illinois
Quote:
Originally posted by Dave-O
I feel a lot more comfortable doing my '72 than doing Eric's '03!
This, of course, does not pertain to Pahaska!
No joke, Pahaska is fearless when it comes to diggin' in! The windows on the '03 that open are tiny too, very little space to work with.

Funny Dave-O, my maiden voyage was taking the Bambi down to Brandi's family farm for a week to help her grandfather out.

I'm now a certified Farmall operator complete with attachment certs!

Eric

Computers manufactured by companies such as IBM, Compaq and millions of others are by far the most popular with about 70 million machines in use worldwide. Macintosh fans note that cockroaches are far more numerous than humans and that numbers alone do not denote a higher life form. -NY Times 11/91
Silvertwinkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2003, 09:59 AM   #17
Rivet Master

2014 Interstate Ext. Coach
Hays County , Texas
Well ...

the Scamp was easy, just the normal SOB sliding windows. Aside from a back ache when I was done, it was no big thing.

I haven't looked at the International since it has factory tinted windows and it is 10 miles away in the storage yard. I suspect I would have to remove the windows and remove the mounting hardware from the glass to do it right.

Thankfully, that's not a question I need to address.

Current unfinished projects ... a wine rack on top of the refrigerator cabinet and finish trimming out my changes above the sink. I bought a 30A weatherproof RV outlet, wire, and CB so I will have 30A power to where I can reach the trailer very soon. When I can stay reasonably cool inside the trailer, I'll bring it home and get on with the work.
WBCCI #9632
Pahaska is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2003, 02:59 PM   #18
Lost My Rivets

2013 30' Classic
New Braunfels , Texas
There are several companies on the internet that sell solar screens. Below is one link. The link below even shows you the tools required and how to do it. You can probably find solar screen material at Loew's and Home Depot, I haven't looked yet.

http://www.hansenscreen.com/SolarScreens.htm

John
Old 07-16-2003, 03:29 PM   #19
Aluminut

2004 25' Safari
. , Illinois
Neat stuff!
Computers manufactured by companies such as IBM, Compaq and millions of others are by far the most popular with about 70 million machines in use worldwide. Macintosh fans note that cockroaches are far more numerous than humans and that numbers alone do not denote a higher life form. -NY Times 11/91
Silvertwinkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2003, 03:47 PM   #20
4 Rivet Member

Thanks for the tinting info. I'm going to remove our windows and tint them myself. I love a challenge.
Dan
Old 07-23-2003, 09:53 AM   #21
2 Rivet Member

1977 28' Argosy 28
La Porte , Indiana
Send a message via Yahoo to Darel
Window Tint

I don't mind a challenge once in a while but I hate to wall papaer and feel window tinting would be even harder. My wife has taken most of the old tint off of the windows and we are getting ready to replace the Schledle Channel. I figure I would have the windows retinted when I do this. We have a family friend that tints windows (Business and Auto), they said it would be no problem to fo this for pennys on the dollar. They have done a couple of our vehicles and they looked great. The thing that I would be afraid of is not getting the tint to stick to the windows. I have seen cars that people have tinted themselves and they have big airbubbles in the tint. I don't know why they would leave it like that, maybe they just got fed up with it and that was the best they could do. Anyway, I figure that I will learn how to do it from a trained professional and get some experience with it as I go. I don't think that the tint that we are going with, you can run down to the parts store and get. This stuff is one way mirrored with a smoke tint over the mirror side. It's good to have close friends that have a variety of skills. It's nice to have a sight like this when tackling a project that your not sure of. Thanks to everone that gives thier input on projects. Many times, I can go through old discussions and get answers to my questions that I have for my RV. This is a big help.
Darel