Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Knowledgebase > Airstream Motorhome Forums
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 04-07-2004, 07:07 PM   #1
IPM
1996 clipper gas 34'

Blue Springs , Missouri
What were the original window covers or shades??

1981 excella MH 28 ft
What's the original window coverings?
Here's what's installed now. Overhead Valences finished in old fashion gold. Matching end covers/drapes just on ends. Over the windows, someone put venetian blinds. I don't think the blinds are original. The valences and end drapes look original. There are vertical slide tracks on each side of each window. These tracks are under the end draps. What used these tracks?
Old 04-07-2004, 07:11 PM   #2
Just a member

1978 28' Argosy 28
Lutz , Florida
Send a message via AIM to thenewkid64 Send a message via Yahoo to thenewkid64
There was a heavy roman style shade that was OEM. The shade was held to the curve by sliders in the tracks. The blinds are a better choice IMHO because they do not block the top 25% of the windows when you have them open for light to get in.
WBCCI #5501 AIR # 49
-------------------------
1978 Argosy 28 foot Motorhome

Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something. -- Plato

thenewkid64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2004, 07:20 PM   #3
Rivet Master

Our unit had 1979 off white wooden slats sort of woven into off-white & brown tweed macrame (sp?) thing. They rolled up or down (kind of like a bamboo shade) and somewhat matched the fabric on the couch, chair and end caps of the overhead storage. The valance and drapes are a contrasting Velux (like velour) brown simliar to that on the back of the driver & passenger chairs, the rear bed mattress coverings, and swivel chair.

We have re-upolstered all the above and installed mini-blinds. We replaced the swivel chair behind the co-pilot chair with a custom built (by us) bench style seat w/ storage beneath. Will it ever end...?
zamboni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2004, 07:25 PM   #4
Rivet Master

Oops...they didn't roll.

My wife just informed me that I am once again wrong ...they were "roman shades" and folded up when the cord was pulled.

I really didn't pay that close attention. I just remember that "we" didn't like them and I took them out and installed mini-blinds.
zamboni is offline   Reply With Quote