Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-03-2003, 07:07 AM   #1
1 Rivet Member

West Valley City , Utah
Post Update of 31 Footer

Another update on repairs and progress. New springs installed
on front, new Bell cranks, new shocks and new alignment, rides l
and steers like brand new. Also had brakes gone thru as left rear
rotor was out of round or had caliper miss aligned, as it turned out master cylinder was leaking and lines to booster, so it has all been replaced, not cheap but complete. The people who put the
springs on said the rear air bags are inflated and it has a system with the compressor in the tank. Does anyone out there have this same type airbag system? There is no compressor in the generator compartment like the manual says. i also never hear any compressor. I also was able to get a fabrication shop build
me some brackets and a sheet to cover the spare tire, I will add picture to my pictures in forum. It seems like the factory is not
much interested in the history of these motorhomes. They always refer you to a dealer. To me these motorhomes and trailers are like a real Icon which is like apple pie american. My previous hobbies were MG's which are a Icon of the British Auto industry, and I might say they still are largest Motor Club in the world. Well on to more minor fixes and repairs, Door Bell?, Tachometer? Door?
Donald B Graves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2003, 01:11 PM   #2
Finally Retired

, Washington
Let me know what you find on the door bell thats the only thing that doesn't work on ours
Finally Retired
LKappenman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2003, 04:49 PM   #3

1987 34.5' Airstream 345
Leland , Michigan
I've also got an '83 31 footer. My compressor is located in the left rear compartment in behind the shore line.
Old 03-07-2003, 06:18 AM   #4
Rivet Master

1966 26' Overlander
Woodstock , Georgia
The door bell on mine needed a new switch 3 bucks at Home depot. Pry the old one out and rewire in the new. The bell itself in mine is under the front couch behind the water tank. It isn't very loud and probably should be moved out somewhere else.
ALANSD is offline   Reply With Quote