Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Knowledgebase > Airstream Motorhome Forums
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 01-14-2003, 07:14 PM   #1
1 Rivet Member

Send a message via AIM to MacInDaBox Send a message via Yahoo to MacInDaBox
TV Cabinet between front chairs.

In Airstream pictures I see two versions of cabinet between the chairs.

In mine, the cabinet is large and contains a 13" tv with a small door and compartment below. There is a table that comes up from the rear and almost folds down (chair arms are in way). Chairs cannot turn to face each other because the cabinet is in the way.

The other is a smaller cabinet with fold out table and it allows the chairs to turn and face each other. Is this original or after market addition.

I just got a LCD flat screen TV and do not need the big TV cabinet. Is the smaller deal a remodel? It looks like the carpentry is exactly the same. Has anyone else remodeled?

MacInDabox
Old 01-14-2003, 07:48 PM   #2
Rivet Master

2004 28' Classic
Currently Looking...
huntsville , Alabama
i have the smaller cabinet/table in my 1984 310mh . it was origional equipment . works great. was considering in modifying my cabinet to install a small tv. didnt know one was available . can post jpg if you would like . wouldnt mind seeing a jpg of how your cabinet fits with the chairs.
wb13798 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2003, 08:39 PM   #3
1 Rivet Member

To see the differences look at the motorhome photo by clicking on the models on the hme page.

1988 345 (A) and 1988 345 (B) have the larger cabinet which prevents the chairs from fully turning.

1988 325 (A) has the smaller one.

MacInDaBox
Old 01-15-2003, 09:28 AM   #4
2 Rivet Member

Tried to find 'models' on this web site but couldn't...could you point me in that direction....my '95 is completely different in that it has the TV built into the dash so there's nothingt to keep chairs from fully rotating.
autoist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2003, 09:44 AM   #5
1 Rivet Member

airstream photos

You are right. Different site. Somehow I have them linked.

Go to :

http://www.geocities.com/fredhinds/a...airstream.html

That site has the photos and links to this site.

MacInDaBox
Old 01-15-2003, 10:12 AM   #6
2 Rivet Member

WOW! That 'classic' '95 Airstream is totally different from my '95 Airstream...I don't have that high center hump between my seats
Old 01-15-2003, 10:14 AM   #7
2 Rivet Member

hmmm...my photo didn't take

Old 01-15-2003, 10:49 AM   #8
Rivet Master
Commercial Member

1977 20' Argosy 20
Charleston , West Virginia
Send a message via Yahoo to ViewRVs
My 85 345 (C) has the larger TV cabinet and my chairs will turn but not in a full circle. I have a release bar underneath. They lock facing the sofa. Also, my table that comes out from behind the cabinet has two hinged pieces on either side.

The dinette can get tight with 4 people. Sometimes my kids prefer to sit there and Mom and Dad have the dinette with some room to relax.
ViewRVs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2003, 07:24 PM   #9
1 Rivet Member

My chairs turn about 45 degrees and then your legs hit the cabinet. The two fold out pieces fold out onto the inner arms of the partly turned chairs.

Chairs would turn 90 degress but they are blocked by the cabinet. I though the chairs might be in the wrong place, but they are really right next to the entrance door and right in back of the passenger seat.

If I had the smaller cabinet the chairs would turn 90 degrees and allow the table sides to fold out without touching the chairs.

I am thinking of cutting the cabinet back or taking it out and replacing it with some kind of fold out table so that the chairs can turn under it.

Directv satellite goes in Monday. Tomorrow a 20 inch lcd flat screen gets hung from the bottom of the overhead cabinet.
Old 01-16-2003, 11:06 AM   #10
2 Rivet Member

Mac....let's talk..I'm working on Direct TV dish setup right now & have a few questions....&, am thinking about putting in a flat screen TV that swings up against roof.....also thinking about a wireless system in RV for my notebook computer so I can sit outside under awning w/it or on bed in rear...

....my email is: tonybarnhill@aol.com