Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-27-2017, 03:05 PM   #1
2 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
2000 35' Land Yacht XL w/slide
Pound , Virginia
Question Tail Lights

I have a 2000 Airstream Land Yacht XL 35 ft. Need a passenger side tail light but am having trouble finding one. Airstream customer support gave me this, 511589-02 Tail light assembly, RH - TAIL LAMP-RH ASSY FORD #7453RV. When I searched the internet could not find one that matched this. On the clear lens of the broken tail light is SAE 1P2RGT 97 DOT, TMC 4 GLO BRITE, 7452/5, USA. Could not find anything that looks like my tail light. Have called two companies that sale tail lights and they said they would research and get back with me. Been two weeks and have not heard from them. HELP!!!!!!:
spgppowell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2017, 08:51 PM   #2
65th Anniversary CLIPPER

1996 36' Clipper Bus
Tub City , British Columbia
It would be easier if you had posted a picture?
Is this not what you want?
http://76.12.98.46/car_light_truck/l...64C8181DB3E800

Dave
"LOVE and LOSS, are two of the greatest emotions one can experience. -- I went to school to learn about "WHAT GOES UP MUST COME DOWN" but I had to live my life to learn the lesson of: 'WITH LOVE THERE WILL BE SORROW'."
David Stewart. (after loosing my NAVIGATOR)
masseyfarm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2017, 06:52 AM   #3
2 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
Pound , Virginia
Wink Tail lights

Thanks, have tried that web sight before and contact/phone numbers are no longer in service. The picture you provided is what the part looks light. The problem is the size. Will have to go measure again and update my post with the measurements. Again thanks for the help.
Old 04-28-2017, 08:43 AM   #4
65th Anniversary CLIPPER

1996 36' Clipper Bus
Tub City , British Columbia
I believe your lamp is a Ford installed product. (Econoline?) Try going to a junk yard and the guys there will be glad to help you. Take the motorhome, or the tail-lamp with you so they will see what you need.

Dave
"LOVE and LOSS, are two of the greatest emotions one can experience. -- I went to school to learn about "WHAT GOES UP MUST COME DOWN" but I had to live my life to learn the lesson of: 'WITH LOVE THERE WILL BE SORROW'."
David Stewart. (after loosing my NAVIGATOR)
masseyfarm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2017, 04:38 PM   #5
2 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
Pound , Virginia
Thanks for the reply. Was informed that the Econoline 1993 to 2004 use the same tail light cover and a junk in our area has one. Will be going to this Monday. Will take the intact driver side tail light cover. Thanks again. Will post on Monday to tell you if it was the correct one.
Old 05-25-2017, 03:12 PM   #6
2 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
Pound , Virginia
Found tail light Cover

Thanks, for the help. Found the passenger side tail light at a junk yard. We almost gave up when the person looking for the light cover came back with the exact one we needed. It came off a Econoline utility van. The other Econoline vans they had did not have access to the yellow light bulb slot. Thanks for the info.