Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Knowledgebase > Airstream Motorhome Forums
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 02-04-2015, 02:29 PM   #1

Currently Looking...
Currently Looking...
Foley , Alabama
Supposed Website For Craigslist ONLY Airstream Ads in USA

Greetings One And All!

Thank you for allowing me to become a member of your community. I am new to the culture and learning quite a bit, A-Z. Currently I am working for a guy who says that a few months ago he was using a website similar to SearchTempest.com to browse for potential Airstreams to buy, but the site was ONLY for Craiglist AirStream ads posted on CL sites within the US? Does this sound familiar to anyone? He insists it was not SearchTempest but only dealt with Craigslist Ads in the US that were for Airstream. I appreciate your time and help!

Maestro
El Maestro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2015, 03:02 PM   #2
Rivet Master

1999 30' Excella 1000
small town , Maryland
Try ''Onecraigs'' Then search airstream.
streaminwild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2015, 04:02 PM   #3
Rivet Master

1973 21' Globetrotter
Houston , Texas
Welcome to the Forums!

The Craigslist consolidator type websites come and go, because Craigslist sues them for infringement in harvesting and reproducing their data/listings. One option that is not so user friendly, but always seems to work is to do a Google search for "Craigslist Airstream." Another option is to use a mobile phone App like CraigsPro+. I've been using this one for a few years, and so far C-list hasn't shut them down.

good luck in your search!
Belegedhel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2015, 04:09 PM   #4
3 Rivet Member

2004 28' Classic
Fresno , California
I have used statewidelist.com
insert what you are looking for and a state and you are on your way.
on the home page a link a total Craigslist search
good luck
2007 Ram 2500
dougandlori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2015, 11:01 AM   #5
4 Rivet Member

1967 17' Caravel
Cumming , Georgia
I always use this:

Put any of the following search strings in Google:

airstream site:craigslist.org

or for a specific year:

1967 airstream site:craigslist.org

or if you want to search a certain city in specific CL:

airstream site:atlanta.craigslist.org

or ebay:

airstream site:ebay.com

Obviously, the key is put your item first, whether in quotes or not (search string), then you are telling it where to search (CL or Ebay or whatever site you put in)

airstream site:cars-on-line.com

I've been using this method for years....in fact, if I wasn't so good at locating stuff, I would have more money and more room in my garage...so use with discretion! Like...does anyone want to buy a really nice semi-restored '69 Coleman that I never should have bought and have never used. Just one example!

I hope it helps.

Thanks, G

As I saw written one time:
"I don't always tow a travel trailer, but when I do, I tow an Airstream"...stay thirsty my friends.
StreaminGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2015, 11:07 AM   #6
2 Rivet Member

2008 25' Safari FB SE
Airstream - Other
Port Orchard , Washington
I did buy mine on Craigslist using three different Craigslist search engines:

1. https://www.extads.org/
2. Ad Hunt'r - Search ALL of Craigslist™ and more!
3. SearchTempest: Search all of Craigslist nationwide & more

Each have their + and – but I did get different results.

We bought a 2004 22’ international CCD.

john
inthralled is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2015, 11:47 AM   #7
Rivet Puller

2003 28' Safari S/O
Atlanta Burbs , Georgia
StreaminGuy's google search method is correct. However, "site:whatever.com/org/etc." can be the first qualifier in the search string. It works either way.

In addition, you can use modifiers to include or exclude results.

To exclude, use the minus sign immediately before the term. Example: -damage

To include, use the plus sign. Example: +inverter

To locate specific file types use the extension. Example: .pdf .doc .xls

You can also broaden your search by using the wildcard symbol *. Examples for different domain types: site:*.net or site:*.edu

Use quotations for an exact phrase. Example: site:forums.com "sub floor repair"

I'd you want to construct a more complicated search and are unsure how to structure your query, use the "advanced search" tab next to the entry box on google.com and enter your terms there.

Putting it all together - Say you want to find a year range and type of airstream in Kansas on Craigslist but not get Kansas City Missouri in the results, then use:

site:*.craigslist.org 19** +"32 excella" +kansas -missouri
SeeMore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2015, 11:49 AM   #8
Tom T

Vintage Kin Owner
Vintage Kin Owner
Orange , California
If you're looking for vintage, then Tin Can Tourists is also worth checking regularly.

My wife found our 1960 Avion T20 on TCT & I found a $2k lower price on the ABQ CL & other listing sites, & that enabled us to get it at the lower price.

So it helps to look for the same trailers at multiple web locations & search engines - new or old trailer - in order to get a better price if listed differently. Plus you can find out how long it's been listed on multiple sites for better negotiating.

Good Luck!
Tom
///////
1960 Avion T20, #2 made, Hensley Cub, TV tbd- looking for 08-22 Cayenne S, EH, etc
1988 VW Vanagon Westfalia CamperGL (Orig Owner) + 1970 Eriba Puck
Tom_T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2015, 04:29 PM   #9
Rivet Master

2014 25' FB Eddie Bauer
Vero Beach , Florida
Be cautious. When my wife and I were shopping I used a site that pulled together craigslist, eBay and other sites. About half of the craigslist ads were scams and even used the same text or contact info. If it is listed on Craigslist and seems to good to be true... Well, you know the rest.

That said, happy hunting!
GammaDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2015, 04:42 PM   #10

Currently Looking...
Currently Looking...
Foley , Alabama
Thank you!

The suggestions were most useful. Although my employer INSISTS the site was a part of Craigslist, I don't think it's out there anymore if in fact it was what he described it to be. Much obliged for your time!
El Maestro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2015, 05:03 AM   #11
4 Rivet Member

1967 17' Caravel
Cumming , Georgia
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeeMore View Post
StreaminGuy's google search method is correct. However, "site:whatever.com/org/etc." can be the first qualifier in the search string. It works either way.

In addition, you can use modifiers to include or exclude results.

To exclude, use the minus sign immediately before the term. Example: -damage

To include, use the plus sign. Example: +inverter

To locate specific file types use the extension. Example: .pdf .doc .xls

You can also broaden your search by using the wildcard symbol *. Examples for different domain types: site:*.net or site:*.edu

Use quotations for an exact phrase. Example: site:forums.com "sub floor repair"

I'd you want to construct a more complicated search and are unsure how to structure your query, use the "advanced search" tab next to the entry box on google.com and enter your terms there.

Putting it all together - Say you want to find a year range and type of airstream in Kansas on Craigslist but not get Kansas City Missouri in the results, then use:

site:*.craigslist.org 19** +"32 excella" +kansas -missouri
Hey SeeMore,

All good stuff, I learned several things here. I wouldn't expect anything less from an NSX driver! I knew about the wildcard but didn't know you could have the search string run either way and didn't know about the +/-. The minus is clear but I'm still trying to comprehend the plus. I tried it and on some searches just including the extra word (which is what I've always done) yeilded the same results...but on your last example adding or removing the plus but leaving Kansas yielded different results. Can you help me understand the logic behind the "plus" vs just adding the word so I can utilize this newly learned info properly? PM me for my email if this could bore others. Looking forward to seeing you guys next month.

Thanks, G

As I saw written one time:
"I don't always tow a travel trailer, but when I do, I tow an Airstream"...stay thirsty my friends.
Old 02-06-2015, 05:06 AM   #12
4 Rivet Member

1967 17' Caravel
Cumming , Georgia
Quote:
Originally Posted by maestro View Post
The suggestions were most useful. Although my employer INSISTS the site was a part of Craigslist, I don't think it's out there anymore if in fact it was what he described it to be. Much obliged for your time!
Remember..."you're employer and your wife" is always right".

Thanks, G