Old 01-13-2004, 07:43 AM   #1
2 Rivet Member

Spare Tire Location

where/how can I mount a spare tire under my '95 Land Yacht LE MH? Going to alaska & want the peace of mind

autoist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2004, 05:13 PM   #2
2 Rivet Member

GUESS I NEED TO REPHRASE MY QUESTION:

How do I remove or install my spare tire in its storage location? Is there a `wrench or is it lowered/raised electrically? If a wrench, where does it connect to the spare tire apparatus? I can't find a place in my rear storage compartment for it...or, if its raised/lowered electrically, where's the control? Even though I have roadside assistance for changing a tire, I need to know how to operate it in the event we have to.

Old 01-19-2004, 05:52 PM   #3
2 Rivet Member

I am new so please remember that. I looked in my manual and it says crank down using the wrench provided. I see two wrenches loose in the back end compartment. I am not whrere I get to the MH but I assume there is a place to connect one of these wrenches. I also talked to my insurance company today and got E.R.S. as I have no idea how to change a tire on this rig. I went down the Alcan along time ago when I had just completed Ranger Cold Weather Survivor training and that meant living outdoors at -65F. I saw that Temp in November near that at WhiteHorse . However, I am now much older and I believe that Road Service and Towing is a must. I would only travel now in the warmer seasons. I can't find a jack anywhere in my rig and I guess it has been stolen. If you found yours please tell me where it is located.
Old 01-20-2004, 12:44 PM   #4
2 Rivet Member

No jack in my rig either...did find a lug wrench & a funny wrench for taking the chrome nuts off the lug nuts in the 'trunk' - but no wrench for lowering the spare...Parkview RV Center (800) 433-1348 said they could get one for me
Old 01-21-2004, 05:32 PM   #5
2 Rivet Member

Jack

I don't think they came with a jack. I bought a bottle jack, socket, and looooong break over bar just in case I ever have to try to change a tire. But as tight as those lugs are torqued on I doubt if i could get em loose, but I'd try if I had to.

I my rig there is a bolt head on the bottom of the rear storage compartment, the one above the trailer hitch. You turn that to lower the spare tire.

Good Sams road side assistance is only $79, one flat and I would think that's real cheap.

Don