Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Knowledgebase > Airstream Motorhome Forums
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 03-11-2016, 07:26 PM   #21
4 Rivet Member

1973 27' Overlander
1995 19' "B" Van Airstream 190
Bay City , Oregon
Hey!!! congratulations!!!! that's sooo exciting!!! can't wait to see it in Sept!!! gail
Old 03-11-2016, 07:41 PM   #22
Rivet Master
Commercial Member

Vintage Kin Owner
Naples , Florida
Perfect! Great vehicle!!

Now the fun begins when you start customizing it to really make it your own.
lewster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2016, 11:05 PM   #23
Rivet Master

Thanks, everyone. Gail, I look forward to our fall trip and to meeting all you gals, making new friends. That is one thing so great about this forum...everyone is happy to see their peers fulfill a dream...obtain the Airstream that makes travel perfect for them. This is definitely more than I would have expected...but, I found the right deal...@ the right time.

Lewster, I can't imagine anything that I could possibly do to customize this Interstate. It literally has everything I could imagine and much more. The complexity of it's systems and conveniencie,ease of use, power everything, and pure luxury...what else can one ask for?
The only problem...so much to learn...tons to read. I'm sure I'll rise to the challenge.
ColoradoLady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2016, 03:09 AM   #24
4 Rivet Member

2000 30' Excella
2014 30' Classic
Princeton , Iowa
Sounds great, learning new things keep us going. Like you we just bought a airstream a long way from home, we the 14th we head for Lakewood, NJ to pick up our new 26 U. As you say lots to learn, but it is exciting. Good Luck
larryglarson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2016, 05:23 AM   #25
2 Rivet Member

2015 Interstate Ext. Coach
Tulsa , Oklahoma
I strongly recommend you spend a few nights in it in Dallas area before you start home. Little things can show up and dealer can fix them. Also learning curve is a little steep in the beginning.

We have a 2016/2015 and love it. So far only small things except how batteries were cared for at dealer. You simply can't let them sit around for a few days without being plugged in.

You will love it!
Bobsprinter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2016, 06:24 AM   #26
Rivet Master
Commercial Member

Vintage Kin Owner
Naples , Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by ColoradoLady View Post
Thanks, everyone………………………………...
Lewster, I can't imagine anything that I could possibly do to customize this Interstate. It literally has everything I could imagine and much more. The complexity of it's systems and conveniencie,ease of use, power everything, and pure luxury...what else can one ask for?
The only problem...so much to learn...tons to read. I'm sure I'll rise to the challenge.
Oh, I can think of a few things…………...
Old 03-12-2016, 12:28 PM   #27
Rivet Master

2024 Interstate 19
Fulton , Maryland
Quote:
Originally Posted by ColoradoLady View Post

Lewster, I can't imagine anything that I could possibly do to customize this Interstate. It literally has everything I could imagine and much more. ....

Just check out this thread with over 600 posts on how others on this forum have customized their Interstates. 😎
http://www.airforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=92862

- - Mike
2013 Interstate Lounge EXT on 2012 Sprinter
Previous: 2013 Airstream Interstate 3500 Ext Lounge
Boxster1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2016, 02:30 PM   #28
3 Rivet Member

texas , Texas
Evelyn, there are some great suggestions on a thread I started, "should I or not buy Interstate" Now with your new coach coming, they would apply to you. I can only imagine how excited you are. Interesting you are buying at Vogt, I have been looking at Windish in Colorado.
Old 03-12-2016, 08:49 PM   #29
Rivet Master

Go, the reason I chose out of state: my sales agent here, does not budge much from the MSRP, and likes to do the numbers dance too much for my liking. I am very straight forward and HATE it when they do the number juggling to benefit themselves....me...I like to get a deal that benefits me.

Windish only has a very few models...usually one of each plan. Vogt is a much larger dealer with larger selection of Airstreams. I got an incredible deal at Vogt, and better price for my Bambi trade in, as well. Call Brant McKamie at Vogt. He is doing a good job for me. Tell him I Recommend him to you. Evelyn.
Old 03-13-2016, 06:19 AM   #30
Rivet Master

2007 Interstate
League City , Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by lewster View Post
Oh, I can think of a few things…………...
Always the same moral quandary arises... is it fair to intercede on a new owner's infatuation phase of ownership, yes or no? I wish someone had interceded on mine, but not everyone is of the same temperament.
InterBlog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2016, 07:23 AM   #31
Rivet Master
Commercial Member

Vintage Kin Owner
Naples , Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by InterBlog View Post
Always the same moral quandary arises... is it fair to intercede on a new owner's infatuation phase of ownership, yes or no? I wish someone had interceded on mine, but not everyone is of the same temperament.
My comments were definitely NOT meant to rain on anyone's parade! Sorry if they were taken that way.

Whenever I buy a new 'toy', much of the excitement that I have is centered around what I am going to do to it to 'make it mine'. I always look forward to adding little bits and pieces that will enhance it's use. My initial purchase is quite often the starting point of a great adventure!
Old 03-13-2016, 09:16 AM   #32
3 Rivet Member

texas , Texas
Evelyn, I find that interesting with the end of model year fast approaching and the fact that one can shop all over the country via the internet. But as they say "it is what it is". Glad you found a good deal in Texas and it doesn't get much better than the buyer and the seller are both happy. I know you will enjoy it.
Old 03-13-2016, 10:08 AM   #33
Rivet Master

2006 22' Interstate
Mont Vernon , New Hampshire
Which floorpan did you choose?
bugsbunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2016, 12:19 PM   #34
Rivet Master

Bugs bunny,
Mine is the Grand Tour ext., sofa in back, overhead wardrobe over ottoman, (driver's side), ottoman + opposing side jump seat come together as single bed or as king bed, along with sofa out. I don't need, or want seating for many...prefer the extra storage space. Only captains chairs in cabin (2), sofa seats 3 with lap belts, side seat(1). Mostly, it will carry me and Mikki or Nikko. On a rare occasion, perhaps 4 total. Interior: Oyster ultra leather. Exterior: silver. 24.5' ext. He is ever so handsome! Name: "Goliath".
Old 03-14-2016, 11:56 AM   #35
3 Rivet Member

2005 22' Interstate
san clemente , California
Congratulations on Goliath. We will be anxious to see your new paramour in Wyoming with Thalweg, Maggie, the Eklunds. And the rest of the boondockers.
By that time everything will be old hat. Ask Lewster how much it will cost to upgrade your solar system if you will be doing much boondocking. AEW
unifreck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2016, 02:48 PM   #36
3 Rivet Member

texas , Texas
Evelyn, sounds great. I can't tell if you are excited or not. Cant wait to pick one out myself.
Old 03-14-2016, 09:57 PM   #37
Rivet Master

2015 Interstate Ext. Coach
Lake Mary , Florida
Very nice!

Check the condition of those two house batteries under the sofa. When you look in the instrumentation panel inside the upper storage in the van, the percentage of charge should show 100 or 95 percent when fully charged. Because dealers often don't care of charging batteries when vehicles sitting on a parking lot. So, if the percentage shows less than 95, compel the dealer to replace those AGM house batteries, as they aren't cheap.

Also check the wheel balancing, because Interstates sell with unbalanced wheels when new (imho), and to properly balancing our Alcoa rims is not a peanuts. If the dealer don't have the balancing equipment, ask him to replace the front stock Continental tires to a Michelins, trust me it will help even when not perfectly balanced.

Check the flushing valve on the flushing inlet for the hose to black tank - very often they put it backwards. When connect a hose, it should not leak.

Check how firmly the front TV is mounted, because everybody who first time comes from the front cabin to inside of the van, trying to dismount this TV by his own head )))

Don't forget beautiful colored stock sofa pillows, tree interior front window covers, leg for the table (it is in the black bag somewhere in the back), exterior shower hose, shore-electrical cable with adapter, and six remote controls for gadgets.

We will wait for the pictures of your trip back home from the dealer!
Mr. B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2016, 09:57 PM   #38
Rivet Master

Lew, my "parade is still rain free".....l'm not that sensitive. This is a community, we share ideas and info, all are appreciated. Beside, I caught your sense of humor from your imoge! LOL! How can I get those?

AEW, I am not attending the Wy boondocking extravaganza in early-mid August. I am going to meet Maggie and some others afterward, at Jackson Hole, Wy, then across to Ft Stevens on Oregon coast. I'm scheduled to attend greenhorn school in Colorado in June, though. I'll definitely have a chance to break "Goliath" in really well!

Go, you can't tell how "over the moon excited" I am?? I've done everything but fly a plane around the country and put up billboards to display my PURE JOY!!! Just you wait, you'll be the same! It's contagious! I have not slept the past three nights...can't stop thinking about it. Even if I do doze off a few minutes, I'm making plans in my sleep. Go figure. I feel like a kid waiting for Christmas! YIPPEEEEEE!!!!!!!
Old 03-16-2016, 08:21 AM   #39
3 Rivet Member

texas , Texas
Know the feeling. Isn't it nice to have something so great to look forward to. I hope every one of those dreams comes true.
Old 03-16-2016, 03:48 PM   #40
J&J In A Can

2016 Interstate Grand Tour Ext
Cottonwood , Arizona
We got home last night with our new Grand Tour Interstate Twin. We drove it from Orlando RV to Seattle. We LOVE IT! I think you will love it too. I never had any idea it would be so much fun. Everything worked perfectly and we are ready to go again!