Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-23-2016, 04:45 AM   #81
3 Rivet Member

texas , Texas
Thanks Pro. That is what I thought from everything I had seen but a salesman told me it would gravity flow and you could just leave it open. Wonder what else he told me that is not true? Glad I have this site to confirm.
Old 03-23-2016, 08:32 AM   #82
Rivet Master

2024 Interstate 19
Fulton , Maryland
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoWhereTowed View Post
Thanks Pro. That is what I thought from everything I had seen but a salesman told me it would gravity flow and you could just leave it open. Wonder what else he told me that is not true? Glad I have this site to confirm.

If the dealership sells other Sprinter based B-vans he is just confused as most don't have the macerator like the Interstate. Most have the old stinky slinky sewage drain system.

- - Mike
2013 Lounge EXT on 2012 Sprinter
Previous: 2013 Airstream Interstate 3500 Ext Lounge
Boxster1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2016, 09:32 AM   #83
Rivet Master

So glad I will never have to deal with the "stinky slinky" again! One of the many things I look forward to ....once I get my Interstate!

All my errands I had planned for today are in a holding pattern...due to spring blizzard we are experiencing today. So far, we have about 8 inches, and much more expected, perhaps up to 14 inches or more, total. YIKES!! Can't even see to end of my cul-de-sac! Our weather this spring is very fickle...it was 73 yesterday and a blizzard now!
ColoradoLady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2016, 12:06 PM   #84
Rivet Master

2014 Interstate Ext. Coach
Sedona , Arizona
When buying a new Interstate (from an Airstream dealer) the dealer is obligated to provide an extensive knowledge walkthrough so you can use it right out of the dealership. But it's a lot to take in in one go, so you do have other options to get up to speed on everything. Here are two ideas:
A Kindle book from Amazon:
http://www.amazon.com/Airstream-Life...eam+Interstate
A video on Youtube:
UKDUDE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2016, 01:02 PM   #85
3 Rivet Member

texas , Texas
Thanks Dude. Already ordered the book, video is very helpful also.
Old 03-27-2016, 09:11 AM   #86
Rivet Master

2010 22' Interstate
Anchorage , Alaska
Walkthroughs by the dealers are notoriously spotty; some dealers do a good job, others not so good. Plus, the variability between models means that available documentation isn't always correct. Here's what worked well for me:
> Show up at the dealer early in the day and well rested.
> Do the walkthrough with a tech person rather than a salesman if possible. Take lots of notes.
> Make sure you get all the Airstream and Sprinter documentation.
> Camp for the night (the dealer may let you stay on the lot) and dig through the manuals and try out everything you can. Take notes on your questions (you should have many).
> Go back to the dealer the next day and go through your questions.
> Be prepared to get erroneous answers to some of your questions. Some time spent on this forum will eventually get you correct answers to your questions.
AIR #44779
TAC AK-1 !!
wayneskid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2016, 07:02 PM   #87
Figment of My Imagination

2012 Interstate Coach
From All Over , More Than Anywhere Else
Quote:
Originally Posted by wayneskid View Post
Walkthroughs by the dealers are notoriously spotty; some dealers do a good job, others not so good. Plus, the variability between models means that available documentation isn't always correct. Here's what worked well for me:
> Show up at the dealer early in the day and well rested.
> Do the walkthrough with a tech person rather than a salesman if possible. Take lots of notes.
> Make sure you get all the Airstream and Sprinter documentation.
> Camp for the night (the dealer may let you stay on the lot) and dig through the manuals and try out everything you can. Take notes on your questions (you should have many).
> Go back to the dealer the next day and go through your questions.
> Be prepared to get erroneous answers to some of your questions. Some time spent on this forum will eventually get you correct answers to your questions.
I'll add three more bits:
>Download the Sprinter and Airstream manuals in advance and read them before you go. They're available in PDF format if you're willing to do a little bit of digging through the Internet.
>Shoot video of the walk-through. Put that smartphone to use.
>Go through every demonstration three times. One when the service tech does it while explaining it, once when you do it with the service tech coaching you, and once when you do it without him coaching you. Repetition is the key to learning any process.
Old 04-02-2016, 07:06 AM   #88
Rivet Master

2010 22' Interstate
Anchorage , Alaska
Right on with the added bits:
> I have every Airstream, appliance/accessory and Sprinter pdf document available loaded to an iPad. I find easy access to these docs to be invaluable. Plus, many of them are searchable which is super handy!
AIR #44779
TAC AK-1 !!
wayneskid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2016, 03:51 PM   #89
3 Rivet Member

texas , Texas
Can folks provide any stats on how long it took them, from order until delivery, of their new Interstate? Thinking about ordering and wondering if I would be able to use it this summer, or in my lifetime.
Old 04-06-2016, 03:52 PM   #90
3 Rivet Member

texas , Texas
A 2017 model.
Old 04-07-2016, 06:42 AM   #91
4 Rivet Member

2008 31' Classic
2016 Interstate Grand Tour Ext
Lenoir City , Tennessee
When we were shopping around for a 2016 we checked out Dave Arbogast RV. Not only did we get a great deal but the salesman let us put down a deposit then wait a couple of weeks for one of their "specials" weekends - giving us another "coupon" discount. In fact, they are offering one of those discounts right now and they truly apply it after you've negotiated the best deal. Our salesman, Mark Harris, was great. No, I don't work for Arbogast or get a kickback but it was such a positive experience that I highly recommend them. Oh, and after we picked it up we spent the night at the nearby KOA just to see if there were any issues before driving back home. There weren't.
WBCCI - #4335
2005 Diesel Excursion
2008 31' Custom Classic "Moonshine"
2016 Interstate "BugOut"
kfrere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2016, 05:02 PM   #92
Rivet Master

Go, since you're in Texas, have you checked out VOGT RV in Ft Worth? They truly exceeded all expectations, and I set the bar pretty high! Brant McKamie really worked hard to please me...and he did!

My service guy, Richard Averette, was so patient...going over many things again...after I forgot them? I stayed O/N @VOGT RV last night, and this morning, they both went over more items to clarify, then went with me on another test drive...just to give me that extra bit of confidence.

I made a point of sending an email to their boss to tell them how well their guys took care of me.
ColoradoLady is offline   Reply With Quote