Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Knowledgebase > Airstream Motorhome Forums
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 12-12-2003, 12:51 AM   #1

Replacing my window gaskets

Hello everyone,
My wife and I purchased a 1990 345LE about four weeks ago, it's in very nice condition inside needs very little work. However, the exterior is going to need a lot more attention, seems just about everything that is rubber or plastic on her is shelled and the seal coat on the roof is coming off, also the paint is cracking and chipping around the rivets and there is quite a few scatches. Don't get me wrong, it's not really all that ugly. Our friends and kids think a wax job would be good enough but thats not me. We see them airstreams going down the highway just a shining so pretty, thats going to be us too. So, I'm hoping we can get some advice from everyones experience in the near future on these matters. Anyhow, I emailed Andy at inlandrv and we decided to go with window and door gaskets first, so I purchased everything he had to do the job. I just have to say, Andy's a super guy along with his crew. The material is on it's way and I'm real excited to get started. Is there any advice out there I should know before I dig in ? Also I was wondering for all you 345 motorhome owners is there anything we should be concerned about or watch. Thanks much, Jack & Neta
Bigdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2003, 01:57 PM   #2
Rivet Master

1959 22' Caravanner
Atlanta , Georgia
Paint?

Or is it the clear coat? The clear coat can be redone but it isn't cheap. Walbernize is the stuff to use on the clear coat. www.vinatgeairstream.com or www.inlandrv.com stocks it. Local Airstream dealer will also have it.

Might hit the search button and put Clear Coat or plastic coat in it and probably find some places that can handle the job.
59toaster is offline   Reply With Quote