Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-10-2009, 08:13 AM   #1
3 Rivet Member

2003 31' Land Yacht 30
New Bern , North Carolina
Rear TV Install in AS LY Gas 30'

I once read an post by someone regarding replacement of his rear TV with an LCD mounted to the ceiling in nhis MH. He eliminated the factory TV and box with his own design, including pictures. Now I can't find that Post anywhere. Can the nauthor or anyone that has seen it help me find it again. I would like to do a similar install Thank you.
Steve
spat61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2010, 05:52 PM   #2
4 Rivet Member

2005 30' Land Yacht 30 SL
Rockford , Michigan
Did you ever find this information? We would like to do the same thing.
Schools Out is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2010, 06:21 PM   #3
65th Anniversary CLIPPER

1996 36' Clipper Bus
Tub City , British Columbia
Quote:
Originally Posted by spat61 View Post
I once read an post by someone regarding replacement of his rear TV with an LCD mounted to the ceiling in nhis MH. He eliminated the factory TV and box with his own design, including pictures. Now I can't find that Post anywhere. Can the nauthor or anyone that has seen it help me find it again. I would like to do a similar install Thank you.
Steve
Is this what you want???

03-MON9000 Short Throw Flat Panel Ceiling Mount / Cabinet Mount for 19"
masseyfarm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2010, 06:40 PM   #4
65th Anniversary CLIPPER

1996 36' Clipper Bus
Ceiling mount TV

The ceiling mount is not my first choice. The OEM box in the Land Yacht can be used to mount an LCD on or into, and you still have some storage for small items (DVD's) etc.
The above item might be mounted off the side of the OEM box??

On the pushers you have to have access to the engine compartment which necitates the lifting of the bed.
The aluminium roof frame will run on each side (front and back) of the roof AC unit and you would have to get into the aluminium to secure the mount. Now you have to get the TV cable and the 110v power up there, or rob it from the AC??
I will put money on the fact that you will hit your head on the over the bed mount at some time.

Always draw a plan up on paper and many times you will see where the problems can be.

Dave
Old 03-16-2011, 04:39 PM   #5
Rivet Master

2005 30' Land Yacht 30 SL
Oakland County , Michigan
Quote:
Originally Posted by masseyfarm View Post
The ceiling mount is not my first choice........
I totally agree with Masseyfarm. MH's and Trailers have enough problems with leaks. I wouldn't go near the ceiling with a drill!

I removed my TV box and mounted a 20" flat screen with built in DVD player to the wall next to the bathroom. It was kind of tricky not to drill a hole into the holding tank vent pipe which resides very near where I put the wall mount. The only part of the box that I re-used is the bottom which I cut on an angle, reattached it to the wall, making it into a shelf to support the bottom of the new TV so that there will not be so much strain on the wall mount.

The MH is in storage right now, but when I go there I will take photos and post them. I still have to finish it off completely, but the location is great, and because the new TV is flat, there is no longer a need for the box. Also, there is now more head room.
Michigan
Michigander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2011, 08:47 PM   #6
65th Anniversary CLIPPER

1996 36' Clipper Bus
Land Yacht Rear TV Mount

On my Clipper the TV box had been enlarged by the previous owner to hold a 19". I modified this existing TV box and installed a 22" HDTV and DVD player and use the upper shelf for DVD storage etc. It works great, and is secure. The side panel contains the light switch, 2 X 12v power plug (one chassis and one house circuit), chassis solar charge controller and mixer switch, etc. The box is above shoulder height, (I am 6') so is not a problem negotiating around the bed. I would not want it above the bed as it would be too close to view.
Dave