Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-31-2002, 12:07 AM   #1
2 Rivet Member

Pictures loaded

I just loaded the pictures onto Airstreamphotos.com.
eraffety is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2002, 11:08 AM   #2
Rivet Master

1966 26' Overlander
Woodstock , Georgia
Great looking coach. First 37' I think I have seen.
What area of the US are you in?
ALANSD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2002, 11:09 AM   #3
Rivet Master
Commercial Member

1977 20' Argosy 20
Charleston , West Virginia
Send a message via Yahoo to ViewRVs
You are now 1989 370 "B" on my site. There will be all kinds of folks peering into your coach! Please feel free to e-mail me with any info you want added.
ViewRVs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2002, 11:38 AM   #4
2 Rivet Member

Thanks, Alan and Fred.

I live in Southern California - the coach was bought from a dealer in Michigan (wonderful salesman!). This is the first motorhome I have ever owned (never even driven one!!!), but I was determined to get an Airstream classic.

(I AM going to get rid of those awful-looking "pink" drapes in the rear bedroom)
Old 03-31-2002, 11:53 AM   #5
Rivet Master
Commercial Member

1977 20' Argosy 20
Charleston , West Virginia
Send a message via Yahoo to ViewRVs
I had never driven a MH. We went to see my 345 in Atlanta and the owner pulls off the interstate up to a red light. He hops out of the driver seat and tells me to get in. Just as I got in, the light turns green, two left turns, and I'm driving on the interstate. Whooooa! Sweaty palms! I did make it back to the storage facility without damaging my future coach! It really is easier than it would seem. You do have to trust your mirrors and sometimes push your weight around. I do envoke 'the law of gross tonage' at times. That is a naval term that the smaller of the two ships has to give way to the bigger one. At other times, someone with a death wish in a Honda CRX pulls in front of me and bad words form in my head!
ViewRVs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2002, 12:40 PM   #6
2 Rivet Member

great story!!!
Old 04-01-2002, 11:15 AM   #7
Finally Retired

, Washington
How to?

We are going to post some picts also. We built a "caboose" on the back of our MH. Also put vinyl in the galley, although we are thinking of replacing it with wood. Also we had a good idea for the TV utilizing the extra table top that we hardly ever use. We put our two couches together in the back and put a 4" foam piece on it making it bigger that a king size. We use the jersey sheets so they fit fine. Have to go take the pictures now them is it easy to post?
LKappenman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2002, 01:17 PM   #8
Rivet Master

1966 26' Overlander
Woodstock , Georgia
I might have told this- but when I bought mine I had found it on the internet...phone/email/faxes later and I flew up to get it in Ohio, ...I live in Atlanta.
After the inspection, and a lesson on using some of the systems,at the airport parking lot, I was on the highway driving to Georgia ( 8 hours) alone, having never driven this big rig before. It was a trip when it started pouring going thru the Smokies near Knoxville in the dark. Got to try out those disc brakes.
The funny part is that after I got home and spent some time with it, I realized the front air bags had no air in them and the tires had way too much air. Amazing it rode as well as it did.
Oh , and I actually passed another Airstream going North, they were waving and flashing lights as they zoomed by on the other side.
My whole trip to South Florida and back over xmas, we saw only 1, and saw maybe 500 or more regular "box" motorhomes.
Sure will be fun to see 5 or 6 together next weekend.
Old 04-01-2002, 01:24 PM   #9
2 Rivet Member

Yes - it is very easy to post to airstreamphotos.com! Just load pics onto your computer and then into airstreamphotos.com!

I cannot wait to see your pictures - sounds real cool.

Speaking of tvs - how does everyone secure them so people can watch while driving? I was thinking of mounting tv onto a lazy susan and then mounting lazy susan onto credenza - but how to make sure it is secure? How do I reinforce the lazy susan on the credenza other than just bolting the base?
Old 04-01-2002, 01:27 PM   #10
2 Rivet Member

Yes - it is very easy to post to airstreamphotos.com! Just load pics onto your computer and then into airstreamphotos.com!

I cannot wait to see your pictures - sounds real cool.

Speaking of tvs - how does everyone secure them so people can watch while driving? I was thinking of mounting tv onto a lazy susan and then mounting lazy susan onto credenza - but how to make sure it is secure? How do I reinforce the lazy susan on the credenza other than just bolting the base?

Alan and Fred -

Your stories (and triumph over fear of first-time motorhome driving) have truly inspired me. I now have nothing to fear.
Old 04-01-2002, 01:33 PM   #11
Rivet Master

1966 26' Overlander
Woodstock , Georgia
I screwed 2 metal loop hold downs into the engine cover wood.
Then I ran the extra strong velcro looped thru and over the TV. It holds great and cost 4-5 dollars total.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	tvinside.jpg
Views:	539
Size:	71.5 KB
ID:	80  
Old 04-01-2002, 08:55 PM   #12
2 Rivet Member

Very nice, Alan! My desire, however, is for the tv to be able to rotate so that it can be viewed in different seating areas of the front room. The credenza seems the logical place. I wonder if a "box" can be built onto a lazy susan base so that it can "hold" the tv in with either a strap at the top or a pull-down bar at the base . . . hmmm.

Or maybe, a plasma drop-down tv (not the dinky 5" screen, but a respectable 27" to 32")? Is that do-able in the area overhead without causing leaking problems? I know it is tres expensive, but perhaps sometime in the near future when the price drops a few thousand (like computers, cell phones, dvd players, etc.).
Old 04-06-2002, 12:48 PM   #13
1 Rivet Member

Cool Stand for a TV:

Hi Fellow Airstreamers. I just came over from the
YAHOO forum and Airstream Central where I have been active for 5 or 6 years. I needed to travel with a desk top computer as well as a lap top, and also a bigger TV. What I did was remove one swivel chair and the TV credensa and replace it with a desk type affair that holds the Computer, Scanner, Printer, and all other computer things on one level with a pull out work table for keyboard and mouse. On the top level is the TV and VCR as well as our Satellite Reciever. Underneath is room for lots of storage. So what we really lost is the one swivel chair.

We need the computers when we travel and many of you won't, but it still gives a lot of room.
jcooper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2002, 02:00 PM   #14
2 Rivet Member

Computer equipment

We are installing a desktop and a laptop as well as a server in our 28' Excella motorhome. The reason for the server is to link our network printers and two computers through a 10/100 switch. I am putting the desktop in one of the overheads and have a wireless keyboard and mouse to eliminate cabling. Both the server and desktop will be mounted on vibration dampening shock mounts to help prevent damage. The monitor is a wall mountable 17" LCD that is a switchable TV/monitor. I'll post some more pictures when the installation is complete.

http://members.cox.net/rldienst/page2.html
dienst1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2002, 09:01 PM   #15
2 Rivet Member

jcooper: please post pictures of what you have done - I would love to see it as well as dienst 1's. I am always interested in what others have done to solve storage problems.
Old 04-07-2002, 10:07 AM   #16
1 Rivet Member

TV, VCR, COMPUTER RACK

I will take some pictures and post them, however we have removed the electronics since we arrived home.
Old 04-07-2002, 02:55 PM   #17
1 Rivet Member

Electronics Bay:

Okay, If I got this right there will be a picture here. The Bay has two deep drawers and a pull out shelf for the keyboard and mouse.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	electronics1_comp.jpg
Views:	440
Size:	21.6 KB
ID:	86  
Old 04-07-2002, 08:34 PM   #18
2 Rivet Member

do you keep the tv on the unit while driving? If so, how is it secured?
Old 04-08-2002, 10:32 AM   #19
1 Rivet Member

Electronics Bay

The unit itself has a steel framework with the wood covering it. The steel framework is then bolted to the floor in four places and the electronics are strapped to the unit with cargo straps. One of them is the red strap you see in the picture.