Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Knowledgebase > Airstream Motorhome Forums
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 08-11-2004, 05:38 PM   #1
Rivet Master

Chesapeake , Virginia
Photos, News

I've finally taken some pictures of the '89 370 I've been looking over with an eye toward buying. Many of you have asked me to send pictures of the unit. I am very new at digital cameras as well as motorhomes. I have the Kodak "Easy Share" photo system as the primary processing method. I also have several other photo programs on my computer. Can any of you tell me how to upload the photos to the "photos" link? I tried to do it using the Kodak system, but got a message the format had to be ZIP, not exe. I'll be glad to so that, but I don't know how. Any help would be appreciated. By the way, just got the unit back for some final tweaking - manifold rebolted to block (surprise), all new shocks, brake pads and shoes, AC dryer and expansion valve, rear axle seals (leaking), and several lesser items. I'm in love with this thing now. Doesn't even feel like the coach I drove home a month ago. Smoother, much quieter, cooler (engine and inside coach), and almost a pleasure to drive. If it weren't so long, I'd already have bought it. Still think I will though. Thanks again to all you guys for the help so far.

Noiva
noiva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2004, 05:48 PM   #2
Rivet Master

, Minnesota
I'm not familiar with the Kodak system, but it sounds like it is trying to load a viewer program. Open the pictures on your computer and see if you can 'save-as' a jpg file. Then try to upload the jpg file.
markdoane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2004, 11:16 AM   #3
Rivet Master

Chesapeake , Virginia
89 370 LE Pictures

Thanks for the advice. With the help of my son-in-law (kids are so much more high tech than I ) I finally got some pictures loaded on the site. They're in the photo section. Most are in the Classic Motorhome section, but I also messed up and put some in Members sections and in general Motorhome sections. Hope these help everyone who's asked me to post pics. Let me know if any more shots are needed. Would welcome any advice about what pictures members want to see, general impressions from pictures, and any other advice about whether I should purchase this vehicle.

Noiva

Quote:
Originally Posted by markdoane
I'm not familiar with the Kodak system, but it sounds like it is trying to load a viewer program. Open the pictures on your computer and see if you can 'save-as' a jpg file. Then try to upload the jpg file.
Old 08-12-2004, 11:59 AM   #4
Just a member

1978 28' Argosy 28
Lutz , Florida
Send a message via AIM to thenewkid64 Send a message via Yahoo to thenewkid64
If you won't buy it for the price you posted eariler I WILL! WRITE THE CHECK!!!!!!!!

But don't tell my wife. She normally finds out anyhow.................
WBCCI #5501 AIR # 49
-------------------------
1978 Argosy 28 foot Motorhome

Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something. -- Plato

thenewkid64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2004, 11:59 AM   #5
Rivet Master

1978 31' Sovereign
Texas Airstream Harbor , Zavalla, in the Deep East Texas Piney Woods on Lake Sam Rayburn
Looks Great!

Quote:
Originally Posted by noiva
Would welcome any advice about what pictures members want to see, general impressions from pictures.....

Noiva:

Wow - it looks great!

Just -- Wow, I'm impressed.

Interior shots would be great.

Will you be able to make the Chatanooga Ralley Oct 22-24?

"Suck it up, spend the bucks, do it right the first time."

WBCCI # 1113
AirForums #1737

Trailer '78 31' Sovereign

Living Large at an Airstream Park on the Largest Lake Totally Contained in Texas
Texas Airstream Harbor, Inc.
87MH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2004, 01:02 PM   #6
Rivet Master

Chesapeake , Virginia
370 Photos

Thanks to all who have helped me so far. We get our first chance to "camp" in the motorhome over Labor Day, so if that goes well we'll almost certainly buy it. Probably will wait until spring, since I am fortunate enough to have that option. I need to sell my '83 30' Avion trailer and 2003 2500 Suburban first. Anyone know anyone interested? Both in top shape, just like Airstream. (Family member is seller of Airstream, but only to me since he really doesn't want to part with it. Simply not able to use it, and all of you know that's not good for the coach.) I'm attempting to put some more pictures up right now, especially of the interior. Thanks again for all the help. (Sorry about Chatanooga, but my wife still works, and that won't work out.)

Noiva

Quote:
Originally Posted by 87MH
Noiva:

Wow - it looks great!

Just -- Wow, I'm impressed.

Interior shots would be great.

Will you be able to make the Chatanooga Ralley Oct 22-24?
Old 08-12-2004, 01:57 PM   #7
Rivet Master

Chesapeake , Virginia
Exclamation 370 pics

I have no idea how I duplicated so many of the pics I posted. I'm very sorry. If someone will kindly tell me how, I'll gladly remove the duplicates. As beautiful as I think it is, even I don't want to see the pictures 2 and 3 times!
Thanks for all the patience and help for a new kid on the forum.

Noiva
Old 08-13-2004, 09:18 AM   #8
Rivet Master

1978 31' Sovereign
Texas Airstream Harbor , Zavalla, in the Deep East Texas Piney Woods on Lake Sam Rayburn
Quote:
I have no idea how I duplicated so many of the pics I posted. ...
I did the same thing -- when you list in multiple catagories a separate (but identical) pic is stored in each catagory.

BTW -- the interior looks as awesome as the exterior -- great Motor Home.

WBCCI # 1113
AirForums #1737

Living Large at an Airstream Park on the Largest Lake Totally Contained in Texas
Old 08-13-2004, 10:18 AM   #9
Rivet Master

Chesapeake , Virginia
370 Pics

Thanks. I went back through, and I think I've fixed the duplication of pictures. Thanks also for the comments. We're about 90% sure we are going to purchase this thing. I'm amazed at the looks I get when we're out driving. It seems everyone is impressed by the design, even people with no interest in motorhomes or trailers.

Noiva

Quote:
Originally Posted by 87MH
I did the same thing -- when you list in multiple catagories a separate (but identical) pic is stored in each catagory.

BTW -- the interior looks as awesome as the exterior -- great Motor Home.
Old 08-13-2004, 10:40 AM   #10
Rivet Master

1978 31' Sovereign
Quote:
...... I'm amazed at the looks I get when we're out driving. It seems everyone is impressed by the design, even people with no interest in motorhomes or trailers.
Especially the kids - I'm always getting a thumbs up or a "blow the air horn" non-verbal communication from them.

Even their parents point and smile from time to time.

WBCCI # 1113
AirForums #1737