Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-15-2014, 09:29 PM   #1
3 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
cincinnati , Ohio
Newbie question - How does one search for moho inspector

I'm going to take a first look at a motorhome tomorrow. I only have an hour or so to give look over, and am not sure if the owner will let me take it for a drive as quite honestly I have not driven a Class A that big before (its 36 feet). I expect that if it passes the "smell test" and systems all seem to work and that reality is close to the description and price is seemingly in line, that I will go back for a more detailed look. If I end up going back, it would be nice to have some help of someone who knows what to look for.

I know there are folks who inspect trailers, and I'm assuming there are also folks who will look at motorhomes. I just can't quite seem to find them on the site and more importantly find one near the motorhome (which is reasonably near to me).

Would a kind soul show a newbie how to search for inspectors nearby on the forum?

thanks so much.
RhinoWW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2014, 10:39 PM   #2
4 Rivet Member

2005 30' Land Yacht 30 SL
Castro Valley , California
I am not a forum expert in any way, just barely able to navigate to the pages I want to find, but offer additional items for your inspection: Does the seller have service and maintenance receipts for you to review? If not, then it is touchy, but if there are receipts you can contact the servicing garage and perhaps talk to someone who has had hands-on to get an idea of what they think. since the moho will be sold they should have no axe to grind in glossing over anything.

Best of luck.
Old 02-15-2014, 10:45 PM   #3
Figment of My Imagination

2012 Interstate Coach
From All Over , More Than Anywhere Else
Quote:
Originally Posted by RhinoWW View Post
I'm going to take a first look at a motorhome tomorrow. I only have an hour or so to give look over, and am not sure if the owner will let me take it for a drive as quite honestly I have not driven a Class A that big before (its 36 feet). I expect that if it passes the "smell test" and systems all seem to work and that reality is close to the description and price is seemingly in line, that I will go back for a more detailed look. If I end up going back, it would be nice to have some help of someone who knows what to look for.
It would also be nice if your MoHo inspector owns a MoHo of his own, and would be willing to give you a quick lesson in how to drive one before the former owner of your soon-to-be motorhome hands you the keys without even a test-drive and says, "Drive safe, now." Preferably the lesson would be on a Sunday morning in a shopping mall parking lot, where you've got lots of room and few things to hit as you learn exactly why you see those bumper stickers that say "This vehicle makes wide right turns."
Old 02-16-2014, 07:28 AM   #4
3 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
cincinnati , Ohio
Understood. I have watched a ton of videos on driving a Moho and think I understand the reference points pivot points and a general idea of turning. Nothing,however replaces instruction behind the wheel.

This is a 36 footer so i am a bit hesitant to just start driving it. May use the time today to get some good familiarization with the coach and then maybe go back again
Old 02-16-2014, 08:05 AM   #5
Rivet Master

1982 31' Airstream 310
champaign , Illinois
Where is the motorhome that you are considering? There may be a forum member near by that would be willing to give it a once over with you. Maybe.
mayco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2014, 10:03 AM   #6
Rivet Master

1991 34' Excella
Princeton , New Jersey
On the Portal Page just to the right of the last thread listed on that page

HowieE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2014, 11:03 AM   #7
3 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
cincinnati , Ohio
thanks. Very helpful.

That is it will be helpful on the next one I look at.

This one was almost comical. Was represented as ready to drive away and camp in. That would be fine if you can drive on a flat front tire, could start the generator or didn't mind the water leaks staining all walls, delamination on the fiberglass, rotted floors or the fact that it had not been cleaned since it was "used regularly" last year. I'm a bit doubtful that it was winterized - there were some "colorful" icicles hanging off of the coach as well.

Well at least I enjoyed the 2 1/2 hours I spent with my buddy this morning.

Back to cruising the ads.
Old 02-16-2014, 12:22 PM   #8
Rivet Master

1982 31' Airstream 310
champaign , Illinois
I hate it when that happens!!!
mayco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2014, 01:59 PM   #9
3 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
cincinnati , Ohio