Old 12-08-2003, 08:57 AM   #29
Rivet Master
1959 22' Caravanner
Atlanta , Georgia
Originally posted by jpurdy
in my trips through Atlanta I have seen a couple of the Freightliner vans and they are rated as 3500's and are marked as Dodge Powered.
I have seen one from middle Ga. set up as a passenger van and hauling children and it was rated as a 3500 but no marking as to driveline.

Is the Mercedes onl;y offered in the Airstream ??
when I looked at the web site it didn't indicate the types of drivelines available

I went over to the freightliner site to check the drivetrains available as well and I came accross an interesting Truck. It's called the Argosy
The US Sprinter web site appears to be down so I could not confirm driveline.
I went to the
another site that has the sprinter on it. It does list a Gas engine and it does list several diesel options. Not sure what is offered on the US models after seeing that. This site is in German only. You can fight your way through it and get an idea. could translate.

1959 22' Caravanner
1988 R20 454 Suburban.
Atlanta, GA
59toaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2003, 12:59 PM   #30
3 Rivet Member
1981 28' Airstream 280
Griffin , Georgia
Originally posted by 59toaster

I went over to the freightliner site to check the drivetrains available as well and I came accross an interesting Truck. It's called the Argosy
the "Freightliner Argosy optional staircase-style steps" feature was interesting.

Enjoy the unexpected
1981 Excella 28' MH
jpurdy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2003, 03:47 PM   #31
2 Rivet Member
Ann Arbor
new classic mh

Originally posted by ALANSD
Correction on the update from above.
Evidently the drawings are being finalized in the next week or so, and then Airstream engineers will be pondering just how to build what it called a "challenging" project. I am sure we all will be interested to see what they have come up with.
I hope one of the challenges the engineers will address is the addition of a turboed diesel to the engine line. Or even better, a diesel/alternative fuel engine. That would make the new Classic a real keeper and not obsolete even engine-wise in 30+ years.

Might also persuade me to get a mh mortgage and become a full-timer!! Now would that be hard to take?

maznblu is offline   Reply With Quote