Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-15-2003, 12:46 AM   #1
2 Rivet Member

Mystery Faucet on '92 Land Yacht MH

Hi,

A while ago I asked about what the purpose of a faucet near the dump valves. TO date, I haven't been able to get any water to come out of it. I tried turning on the water pump and that didn't matter.

Here's a picture of it. I hope it helps identify what it might be for. If I could get water to come out, I coule use it to wash the RV or something.

Also, I was wondering how to use the inlet on the left.

Thanks.

Dave
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	faucet.jpg
Views:	300
Size:	46.5 KB
ID:	3488  
DaveJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2003, 05:02 AM   #2
Retired Moderator

1992 29' Excella
madison , Wisconsin
dave,

the one on the left is your black tank flush, when dumping you can connect a nonpotable hose to it and rinse out your black tank.

the one on the right is just as you say, an outside water outlet for washing, watering your flowers etc. kinda nice to have since you do not need to disconnect your city water to get a hose hooked up.

there is a inside valve to shut it off for cold weather, just like a house would have.

mine is near my water pump in the hall closet.

john
Old 10-15-2003, 05:07 AM   #3
Retired Moderator

1992 29' Excella
madison , Wisconsin
dave here is a pic

john
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	outside valve.jpg
Views:	276
Size:	49.8 KB
ID:	3489  
Old 10-15-2003, 12:45 PM   #4
2 Rivet Member

Thanks for the info John. I'll see if I can find it. I've opened the hall closet and there's nothing that looks like yours. In my closet, there's just closet space and a wire for the closet light.

I suppose this valve is on the street side.

BTW: I haven't found much in the way of hidden systems in the MH yet. Although I've only had access to it for a few days as it was in the mechanics for a horribly long time lately. Just camped in it for the first time on Sunday - Tuesday. I actually located the main breaker panel just becasue I was poking around in the cupboards. I hope I can soon find out where everything else important is hidden.

Thanks.
Dave
Old 10-24-2003, 03:00 PM   #5
2 Rivet Member

Well, if anyone's still watching this thread...

I finally found some valves under the bed. In the MH the bed has the fresh water tank and the pump under it. The pump is on the left side under the bed's left drawer.

I found, not one, but three valves near the pump. I'm guessing what they could be. I think one might be the drain for the water pipes. Another valve could be the one I'm looking for to enable the outer faucet. I have no idea what the third one could be.

I'll try to get a photo of the pipes under the bed to help allow someone to analyze what I have.

Is anyone familiar with my configuration?

Thanks.
Dave
Old 10-26-2003, 09:59 AM   #6
Just a member

1978 28' Argosy 28
Lutz , Florida
Send a message via AIM to thenewkid64 Send a message via Yahoo to thenewkid64
Dave,

I am have not seen your setup, but I can give you a good guess.

One vlave is to drain the cold water lines. The other is a tank drain. The third is either the hot water line drain, or the feed to the exterior faucet.

Park on grass somewhere with water connected and open one up to see what happens. The drain tubes should stick out of the floor under the coach.
WBCCI #5501 AIR # 49
-------------------------
1978 Argosy 28 foot Motorhome

Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something. -- Plato

thenewkid64 is offline   Reply With Quote