Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-12-2003, 09:26 PM   #1
2 Rivet Member

My new avatar

You would think as a photographer I'd have a better looking picture for my avatar

But that's me, the fat guy setting on my yellow Harley in front of the Minnow on it's first trip fast fall. I pulled the bike to the state HOG Ralley. You can't really see her in this shot, but setting in a black box on the back seat of the bike if my riding buddy, Cricket. She's a little blond Pom and she loves to ride motorcycles and ride in the motorhome too. The passengers seat is the perfect hight for her to ride and look out the window.

Next trip will be Jan 1st, we are going to pull another bike to Flordia for 2 weeks, one just fun & one more business/fun. Really looking foreward to that. I'll make a closer pic for a new and improver avatar then.

Don
Old 12-12-2003, 11:28 PM   #2
2 Rivet Member

I haven't seen a MH here that looks just like mine but this looks like it. From what I can see, it looks close to the same color scheme as mine has.

Regards,
Dave
DaveJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2003, 09:25 AM   #3
Rivet Master

Tonka Bay
Changing Avatars

The problem with Avatars is they change with old messages. This is at least my fourth avatar since August and if I make reference to it, it may be gone in a week and the message would make no sense. My current avatar was created to respond in an Apple and Airstream thread. So here it is in case I change it soon:
Attached Images

Davydd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2003, 09:19 PM   #4
4 Rivet Member

Odd... I changed my avatar several times for Halloween, but have had no problems since changing back.
MaShep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2003, 10:00 AM   #5
Rivet Master

Tonka Bay
Smile Change is good

MaShep,

You can change at will. My comment was to the effect that if you post in a message a comment about your current avatar and later change it to something else that the message where you commented about your avatar will show your changed avatar. So, if Don Nall finally gets around to posting an avatar in line with his professional experience his comment, "You would think as a photographer I'd have a better looking picture for my avatar" might puzzle many. Actually then his second paragraph would be very confusing if he lost the bike.
Davydd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2003, 04:09 PM   #6
4 Rivet Member

Thanks for clarifying. That would get confusing. I wonder if old messages could stay connected to the avatar current with it, would it make for longer uploads of the thread?
MaShep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2003, 04:49 PM   #7
Just a member

1978 28' Argosy 28
Lutz , Florida
Send a message via AIM to thenewkid64 Send a message via Yahoo to thenewkid64
All of the information including the picture in your avatar is stored in your user profile. When the page is displayed the information is queried from the database to display the information. Unfortunately this would not allow you to keep the avatar picture that is posted with the post tied together. This is why when you change your signature or profile information it changes it in all of your posts.
WBCCI #5501 AIR # 49
-------------------------
1978 Argosy 28 foot Motorhome

Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something. -- Plato

thenewkid64 is offline   Reply With Quote