Old 05-22-2006, 07:57 PM   #15
2 Rivet Member
1994 33' Land Yacht
Dayton , Ohio
Good news. I read on the web about another guy with pretty much the same problem. I guess you have to complete the cycle on the automatic leveling jacks before the air suspension will reinflate.

When I had my little incident in a panic I must have hit the off button on the leveling jacks and the computer was thinking that one of the jacks was still down and therefore the air bags would not inflate.

I got home tonight and drove the rear end up on some boards to add some height, deployed the jacks, retracted them and then shut the system down.
When I drove off of the boards the air bags were inflated and everything is back to normal. Whew am I glad this Gremlin was figured out!

Thanks for all of your help!

tictoryde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2006, 08:30 PM   #16
1986 34.5' Airstream 345
Louisville , Kentucky
Gary - well done. It's nice when it's something simple like that.

Steven Webster
1986 Airstream 345 Classic Motorhome
AIR 1760
swebster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2006, 08:31 PM   #17
2 Rivet Member
1994 33' Land Yacht
Dayton , Ohio
Since I got the air bag problem solved, now it is back to the original problem that I was having. The generator. It is a Onan Marquis 7k. It was cranking and sputtering. Then it stopped cranking and that is when I checked the fuel level and saw that I was low on gas. Now with over a half tank it still doesn't crank. It gives a sound similar to a starter where the solonoid is a whirring sound. There is plenty of power as the shore line is plugged in and the batteries are fully charged. Any ideas?

Also, how the heck do you get to the spark plugs on this thing? I wanted to check them out but I can't get the cover off to access them. Does this thing drop down or slide out or something?

Thanks again for any response,
Gary (learning my way around)
Old 05-22-2006, 09:34 PM   #18
3 Rivet Member
Send a message via AIM to jim8860
FYI I have a 95 LH and from what I can tell with my dealing with the air bags in my MH, "AS never made a full air ride for my year and model" . I know there is a few out there. make the Kit for AS and all the parts are still avaible. Also I think I have a part #'s for the air bags that will work for your MH. One more thing my MH always drags but for a minute or two if I didn't wait to fill the tank.As for the auto park. I have the factory book for the spec and repairs on the "AUTOPARK". I took my time and reset it to the specs and the things works well .If you need copys I can fax it to you. Jim
jim8860 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2006, 09:18 AM   #19
2 Rivet Member
1994 33' Land Yacht
Dayton , Ohio
Thanks Jim for your input. I did look under my coach last night and didn't see any leaf springs in the rear. It seems to be totally air dependent. Fortunately for me, I don't need to replace anything at this time. I learned one major lesson...if the automatic leveling jacks are not allowed to cycle completely, the air bags will not inflate. If it would not be too much trouble I would appreciate it if you could fax me the documents. I will P.M. you with my fax number.

Now if I can find out why my genset won't crank I'll be in business. Does anyone know how to access the plugs on a Onan Marquis 7k? It is completely covered with panels. When I take the screws out there is something that will not release to pull them off. The unit looks like a big box! When they are service at a dealer, do they pull them out?