Old 11-30-2016, 01:51 AM   #1
Keen amature

1975 20' Argosy 20
Chestfield , Kent
Grumpy old man!

As I get older, I seem to get less tolerant, more argumentative, and generally more like my father is, and my grandad was....I'm turning into a 'grumpy old man'.

This results in periods of stubborn disagreement (for example recent posts in the Classic Motorhomes For Sale thread), but also in general intolerance of things that 'aren't as they should be'. Which brings me to the subject of today's 'rant'.... a motorhome has an engine....it is, by definition a 'home with a motor'.

This should not bother me, it is my issue not others, but each morning I check the forum looking for news of the mythical new motorhome, or updates of the insanity of Brad, Bob, and others marathon rebuilds, or the exotic places people drag these beasts to, even the transition as the GPR bodied units become desirable (apologies to those that think they have always been desirable....others don't!), and to question why I spent approx 1.5 times the cost of an AI on Bella, when they have almost the same functionality, but based on German rather than 1970's Detroit reliability. Only to get frustrated and end up 'shouting' at my PC....'this post is about a trailer and is in the wrong forum'.

Accepting it is my issue, please do my blood pressure a favor....

martin300662 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2016, 04:44 AM   #2
Rivet Master

2012 27' Flying Cloud
W , New England
I promise not to refer to the Tin Goat as a motor home. 😀

SteveSueMac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2016, 04:57 AM   #3
Rivet Master

2006 22' Interstate
Normal , Illinois
May peace be with you.

Maggie
Old 11-30-2016, 05:03 AM   #4
Rivet Master

1993 21' Sovereign
Colfax , North Carolina
If it makes you feel better, you're not the only grumpy old man on the forum, nor are you the only grumpy old motorhome owner.
I've given up trying to help ppeople here with motorhomes, after being pointedly, and repeatedly, told that I don't know what I'm talking about because I am a trailer owner.
Now, if y'all will excuse me, I've got to get ready to go to work at the Airstream dealerahip I've been employed at for the last seven years...
Old 11-30-2016, 05:18 AM   #5
Keen amature

1975 20' Argosy 20
Chestfield , Kent
Quote:
Originally Posted by overlander63 View Post
If it makes you feel better, you're not the only grumpy old man on the forum, nor are you the only grumpy old motorhome owner.
I've given up trying to help people here with motorhomes, after being pointedly, and repeatedly, told that I don't know what I'm talking about because I am a trailer owner.
Now, if y'all will excuse me, I've got to get ready to go to work at the Airstream dealership I've been employed at for the last seven years...
Please re-consider no longer helping Terry, I for one appreciate help from wherever it comes, and fully accept the systems on the MH are the same as a trailer, and the mechanicals the same as a truck....and the wider forum has people with experience of both. My rant is purely about 'topic' not who participates.
Old 11-30-2016, 05:28 AM   #6
Rivet Master

2014 20' Flying Cloud
Long Island , New York
Can't resist the Moron and Putz clip from Grumpier Old Men, if a trailer owner might be permitted a brief incursion here!

Putting up with other human beings can be difficult at times . . .

Happy Trails!

OTRA15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2016, 05:45 AM   #7
Keen amature

1975 20' Argosy 20
Chestfield , Kent
Quote:
Originally Posted by OTRA15 View Post
Can't resist the Moron and Putz clip from Grumpier Old Men, if a trailer owner might be permitted a brief incursion here!

Putting up with other human beings can be difficult at times . . .

Happy Trails!

I'm definitely turning into Moron!
Old 11-30-2016, 05:48 AM   #8
Rivet Master

1966 26' Overlander
Woodstock , Georgia
ultimately what is comes to here is so many think they know it all and are ready to tell you at any moment.
Take all the opinions here with a "grain of salt". Read carefully.
Oh yeah and get new axles on every trailer, first thing.

Calm down get a cup of joe and enjoy the humor in all this
AIR #005
Please visit our blogs and web pages:
OUR AIRSTREAM PASSION! BLOG
RESTORING AN AIRSTREAM
retired!
ALANSD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2016, 05:56 AM   #9
Rivet Master

2006 22' Interstate
Normal , Illinois
Terry (overlander63) spends a very generous amount of time at rallies helping folks with their rigs of all kinds.

He has amassed a tremendous amount of skill and knowledge over the years, which he is always willing to offer to others.

Do what you do best, and ignore those that don't appreciate it.

Maggie
Old 11-30-2016, 06:50 AM   #10
Rivet Master

1974 20' Argosy 20
Richmond , Kentucky
Well Martin, you just made my morning!

It must be part of the aging process because as I get older I also seem to be getting grumpier as well

Unfortunately the only cure for the problem that I know if isn't one that I wish to have happen at this particular time. I'd like to at least finish a few of my projects BEFORE I kick the bucket....I don't really want to leave the mess that I have right now for my nephew to clean up

Brad
bkahler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2016, 06:54 AM   #11
Rivet Master

1974 20' Argosy 20
Richmond , Kentucky
Quote:
Originally Posted by overlander63 View Post
I've given up trying to help people here with motorhomes, after being pointedly, and repeatedly, told that I don't know what I'm talking about because I am a trailer owner.
Now, if y'all will excuse me, I've got to get ready to go to work at the Airstream dealership I've been employed at for the last seven years...
Terry, has it been that long since the your return from the west coast?! Time really does fly doesn't it

As far as I'm concerned you really should be posting to both the trailer and motorhome forums. I think I've learned to more or less ignore posts from posters that annoy me. And as I get older I find that more and more posters annoy me

Brad
bkahler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2016, 05:08 PM   #12
Ready-to-Travel

2012 30' International
Walkerton , Virginia
I wonder if some of my posts could have been misplaced unintentionally. When I open The Forums (which is how i always refer to this site) I always go to "New Posts". I never go to individual forums.

If a thread or post interests me, and especially if i think i can help, I will respond. I fully apologize, without reservation, if i have intruded.

Pat

AIR 3987
TAC VA-2
WBCCI 4596
pmclemore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2016, 06:28 PM   #13
Dazed and Confused

Currently Looking...
1983 31' Airstream310
Hillsburgh , Ontario
Somebody's not taking retirement very well and it's raining in the Old Country............have a Guinness mate and relax...they moved the post of the guy selling his trailer in the Classic motorhomes for sale section. I did have a bit of fun asking him what engine he had in it, and did he steer it by applying the brakes to one side or the other.

Cheers
Tony

Its a recession when your neighbor loses his job; its a depression when you lose your own. "Harry S Truman"
Isuzusweet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2016, 03:47 AM   #14
Keen amature

1975 20' Argosy 20
Chestfield , Kent
Quote:
Originally Posted by pmclemore View Post
I wonder if some of my posts could have been misplaced unintentionally. When I open The Forums (which is how i always refer to this site) I always go to "New Posts". I never go to individual forums.

If a thread or post interests me, and especially if i think i can help, I will respond. I fully apologize, without reservation, if i have intruded.

Pat
I think all the posts are misplaced unintentionally Pat. It used to be that newbie posts had to be reviewed by the moderates to make sure they are appropriate before posting, now it seems the moderate role has been flipped, ie clearing up the mess after it has happened, rather than preventing the mess happening in the first place.