Atlanta , Georgia
Quote:
Originally posted by wannabefree
It's always HOT down here!!!
Wasn't to bad today

59toaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2003, 04:07 AM   #16
1 Rivet Member

It was in Macon with the rain and humidity Maybe today will be better.....but September is coming and with it cooler temps!!!!!

Ken

Old 08-07-2003, 09:52 AM   #17
Rivet Master
Commercial Member

1977 20' Argosy 20
Charleston , West Virginia
Send a message via Yahoo to ViewRVs
I got my parts after hitting 4 different auto parts places. I will attempt repair after work tonight. I owe everyone big time for their assistance!

The family just called from Stone Mountain and the rear air (the only one working) is no longer blowing cold air. I did notice poor voltage at the park after we arrived. I hope undervoltage didn't damage my only partially working AC! We are not pleased with the Stone Mountain campground for many reasons including unlevel sites, poor voltage, trash, and poor access to the park.

Maybe I need to exorcise my unit from the family of gremlins orginally from Washington State! (And the short lady said "This MH is clean!")

Thanks to all for the assistance.
ViewRVs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2003, 08:39 PM   #18
Just a member

1978 28' Argosy 28
Tampa Bay , Florida
Send a message via AIM to thenewkid64 Send a message via Yahoo to thenewkid64 Send a message via Skype™ to thenewkid64
Thumbs up Good news

Here is the latest news from the Mountain.

Rear AC is fine, they ran it last night all night on low and froze it up. The hour that it was off to rewire the breakers allowed it to melt and all is well.

Yes I said rewire the breakers, Fred replaced the one that was loaded with one of the 40 AMP ones he found. He is holding the other in reserve until he gets home. The one that was dead had FACTORY paint on it. You can do the math. Everything is now working from a 12 volt basis and it looks like smooth saling for the rest of the trip.

Fred, at the least I can help since the conjecture is I left my gremlins at the flying J in Tallahasee
WBCCI #5501 AIR # 49
-------------------------
1978 Argosy 28 foot Motorhome

Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something. -- Plato

thenewkid64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2003, 05:29 AM   #19
Rivet Master
Commercial Member

1977 20' Argosy 20
Charleston , West Virginia
Send a message via Yahoo to ViewRVs
Those gremlins must like Airstreams! I kicked them out and they must have jumped on a neighboring SOB MH since their jacks broke yesterday!

I could not get the unused breaker off since the screw holding it on would not cooperate. The screw was one of the battery isolator screws.

I do have the spare and will work on re-wiring when I get home. The compressor fired up, ran a while, and finally shut down when the right pressure was reached. The front seats also work. The cabling on my front seats was a neat factory job and they were not pinched.

A big thanks to all!
ViewRVs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2003, 09:52 AM   #20
4 Rivet Member

simple check on seats

Fred...I always look at the simple fix first....on the seats there is a plug underneath each one that can get unplugged if snagged or seat is rotated too far...lol...jem
zduke4x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2003, 05:46 AM   #21

Smile

The solution to your problem is under the front swing down panel in front of the MH. There are three automotive type circuit breakers, about eye level just left of the battery isolator. They are small, silver, with wires attached to them. I had this same problem and these breakers were the cause. Also check the wire connectors, sometimes these become loose