Old 03-11-2003, 10:47 PM   #15
Rivet Master

1978 31' Sovereign
Texas Airstream Harbor , Zavalla, in the Deep East Texas Piney Woods on Lake Sam Rayburn
Jonesy:

You might have been "hot" when you looked under the bed.

Remove the large drawer completely from under the bed, look up into the bed cavity just forward of the Fresh Water Tank, and there is a relay mounted in a box on the curb side.

While your taking drawers out, remove the large drawer under the stove (Ice Maker Location?), and check out the number of electrical outlets mounted on the kitchen wall.

Good access to the "Buzz Box" by removing the bottom drawer just aft of the stove drawer.

Like you, I'm just now getting around to removing all the coverings from the cracks and cranies, and am amazed at the quality of construction. I'm also finding lots of construction deris in these areas (dropped screws and drill bit cuttings).

"Suck it up, spend the bucks, do it right the first time."

WBCCI # 1113
AirForums #1737

Trailer '78 31' Sovereign

Living Large at an Airstream Park on the Largest Lake Totally Contained in Texas
Texas Airstream Harbor, Inc.
87MH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2003, 07:23 PM   #16
Rivet Master

1978 31' Sovereign
Texas Airstream Harbor , Zavalla, in the Deep East Texas Piney Woods on Lake Sam Rayburn
Jonsey:

Hope I 'm in time to add some more info.

The quest for cleanliness and understanding continues!

I am cleaning from the stern forward, and found some more electricals.

In addition to the relay under the bed, I found one tonight under the rearward facing seat of the dinette, mounted on the inboard bulkhead of the generator housing. Next to the relay box is a breaker box with a single breaker/switch. This junction might be the one you are looking for.

I'm finally at the point that I can see some things actually getting done, and that gives me a lot of encouragement to continue on.

I'm very pleased with what I have uncovered so far, no surprises, no slipshod repairs, and no evidence of water damage.

Even though the existing blinds are in good shape, I'm replacing the wood blinds with pleated blinds to open the interior up a little.

The PO had replaced the cockpit and bedroom cortains just a couple of yeears ago, so they are in pretty good shape.

"Suck it up, spend the bucks, do it right the first time."

WBCCI # 1113
AirForums #1737

Trailer '78 31' Sovereign

Living Large at an Airstream Park on the Largest Lake Totally Contained in Texas
Texas Airstream Harbor, Inc.
87MH is offline   Reply With Quote