Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-11-2002, 05:14 PM   #1
Rivet Master

Unhappy Cruise Control Servo Diaphram

I am looking for a replacement cruise control servo diaphram for my 1979 28' Excella (center bath) P-30 454 MH. I have tried the GM dealer, Chrylsler dealer, Fleet parts store, auto parts store...all said "GOOD LUCK!" Any help would be great...the rubber on mine has dry rotted and cracked.

Also looking for floor plans with rear bunks...have two kids (6 & 1) and the rig is filling up fast!!! Looking to expand...have threatened to purchase a "silver bullet" trailer to tow all the kids stuff...and save my sanity. But love the Airstream and fun it affords the family on weekends.
zamboni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2002, 05:28 PM   #2
Just a member

1978 28' Argosy 28
Lutz , Florida
Send a message via AIM to thenewkid64 Send a message via Yahoo to thenewkid64
I came across this link alst night while I was looking for a gauge cluster for my Argosy. They have "OEM Parts" and the servos for older GM stuff.

http://www.speedometershop.com/cru-pag.htm

Good luck, let us know if they can help. I know you are not the only one out there with this problem.
WBCCI #5501 AIR # 49
-------------------------
1978 Argosy 28 foot Motorhome

Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something. -- Plato

thenewkid64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2002, 07:14 PM   #3
Rivet Master

1966 26' Overlander
Woodstock , Georgia
My 28' has rear twins, but we sleep one kid on the front sofa, and one on an air type mattress on the floor. They rotate nights to be fair. Also as I get up early, one will usually move to my rear bed after I am out and about.
Makes one wish for the GMC flip up bunk bed deal.
ALANSD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2002, 08:25 PM   #4
Rivet Master

Is this a picture of you MH under you name? Ours has the rear rectangle center window, but also the curved corner windows and side windows for the rear bedroom. I was wondering if it was just our model year with the full set of windows in the rear.
zamboni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2002, 08:15 AM   #5
Just a member

1978 28' Argosy 28
Lutz , Florida
Different model years and lengths came with the rear wrap windows you have. Alan's motor home has a rear bath. Based on your brief description you have a center bath.

The only motor home floorplan I am aware of that would support bunk beds is a center twin with bunks added. You will be had pressed to find the original hardware but you may be able to find some in bone yards. There is a set of hinges, straps and brackets that attach to the roof at the seam between the center panel and the side sheet. The foam that makes up the bunk bed mattress is the back of the couch/bed.

http://www.geocities.com/fredhinds/a...airstream.html
The above is a link to a forum member’s site that has most of the manufactured floorplans and styles.

Good luck on your search.
WBCCI #5501 AIR # 49

Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something. -- Plato

Old 06-26-2002, 09:14 PM   #6
Just a member

1978 28' Argosy 28
Lutz , Florida
Well I went and did it. I got tired of searching for the correct OEM servo for the MH and installed an aftermarket cruise control. 4 hours, greasy nails and grit from the frame and from the driveway in my hair, but it works GREAT. This is the second one I have installed, I was concerned that it might not be up to running a big block engine, but for $100.00 why not try. The conrtol is dash mounted and back lit. We are prepping for a road trip to big D and I was not looking forward to "driving" all the way there and back. The unit is made by Audiovox and I got it at AutoZone.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	mvc-001s.jpg
Views:	257
Size:	36.8 KB
ID:	291  
WBCCI #5501 AIR # 49