Old 09-17-2009, 12:50 PM   #1
2000 31' Land Yacht
Huron , Ohio
Broken rear shock, bent mount

I've got a 2000 30' Land Yacht MH on the Workhorse P30 with 55K on it. Over the weekend I drove it from Jamestown to Corning across the NY Southern Tier Expressway (I86). The road was in horrible shape, and I broke the right rear shock and bent the shock mount on the axle pretty badly. Does anyone know if the shock mount can be repaired? I'm also wondering if I should replace the leaf springs when I get the rear shocks done because of the age of the unit.

I look forward to your input!

effischer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2009, 01:20 PM   #2
Rivet Master

1972 31' Sovereign
Lexington , Minnesota
I would think a good welding shop should be able to repair or fabricate a new mount for you. No need to replace the axel. 9 years old with 55K miles isn't very old. If the springs still look good, and are holding the weight ok, you should be fine. Lot's of welding shops can do an inspection of them for you and eliminate any concerns you might have.

good luck!

Minno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2009, 09:23 AM   #3
2000 31' Land Yacht
Huron , Ohio
Fixed, springs good

Hi Chris!

The folks at Northern Ohio Truck Center in Norwalk looked the suspension over and determined the springs were fine. They had a very tough time getting the shock mount fixed because it was really mangled, but did manage it. I now have new Monroe heavy-duty shocks at all four corners and couldn't be more pleased. A great shop, excellent work and a fair price. Thanks for your input and if anyone needs chassis work in north-central Ohio, clue them into N. OH Truck.

E. Fischer
effischer is offline   Reply With Quote