Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-09-2011, 06:36 PM   #1
1 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
1997 31' Land Yacht
fort walton bch , Florida
Question Black water tank

can any advise me on how to repair the flush line going to the tank appears a connection has come apart somewhere going into the tank now that water starts down out side of tank when i start flushing.tend to leak sewage when the tank gets completly full.can not figure out where the line connects to tank. I have a 30ft 97 model airstrem land yacht.also does the tank have be removed to repair or replace sensors indicating the level in tank
thansks charlie
cwlandyacht is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2011, 09:14 AM   #2
65th Anniversary CLIPPER

1996 36' Clipper Bus
Tub City , British Columbia
To get good answers you have to provide lots of detail and pictures if possible.

I am not familiar with your specific unit.
Are you sure its the black tank.
Most black tanks are directly below and attached to the toilet.
Take a flashlight and look down the hole.
If you remove the toilet, you may be able to determine the source of leak?
Is there any movement of the black water tank??
Possibly the vent line is leaking?
Usually the grey tank fills up before the black. (depending on the size of tanks)
I have never been close to filling the black tank on my Clipper, but have flooded the bath tub with the grey water a couple times.
Let us know what you find.
Dave
masseyfarm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2011, 11:36 AM   #3
1 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
1997 31' Land Yacht
fort walton bch , Florida
black water tank

i am almost sure the flush line that gos to tank has started leaking at connection or broke. the fresh water starts running down under the protective cover when i start flushing .trying to find out how to get to that area.looks as if the sheild covering the tank may have to be droped to get to the connection.
thanks charlie
cwlandyacht is offline   Reply With Quote