Old 02-05-2003, 12:14 PM   #15
Finally Retired

, Washington
No that wasn't us. It would be great to have our own mini rally at Land Yacht Harbor. I know the 28 ft 81 would be up for it. We met a couple from just south of Olympia a couple of years ago in a pakr on Long Beach We were parked and I looked up and in they came. We had a good visit only I lost their number. That was the first time I Heard about safes in AS. Of course we looked and couldn't fine one, but they were sure all AS had them. We also saw the one at LYH without windows differant for sure. There was another one we were checking out for the forum but the people were not around to look at it. There was one in Renton for sale we saw are we drove by needed some work but isn't that what we do. Ours is now great . I see it parked out there 9under cover) and she says "i'm ready to go"! We are leaving the 10th of Mar for Tucson for our Aunts 80th birthday.
PM me and we can exchange e-mails and set something up, Dave

Finally Retired
LKappenman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2003, 12:47 PM   #16
3 Rivet Member

1981 28' Airstream 280
Griffin , Georgia
Sam,
You said that you were going to close on monday if you didn't find a reason not to.
Are you the proud owner of an A/S motorhome???/

Old 02-10-2003, 07:37 PM   #17
1 Rivet Member

almost!

Thx for asking jpurdy! I actually had to go out of town last week, so I quick threw some more money at them to keep it "my" RV, and I now pick it up wednesday morning!

It would be pretty cool to meet other airstream owners in the NW. I'm definately as much a new-by as you can get, and I'd love to learn from ya'll....

I'm traveling down to SoCal (with the new AS) on Feb 24th for a month or so, though...
Old 02-10-2003, 10:03 PM   #18
Finally Retired

, Washington
We are close in Federal Way. Also traverling to So Cal but not til Mar 8 or 9 then to Az to a 80 th b'day party. Keep in touch where are you located. Dave
Finally Retired
LKappenman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2003, 10:16 PM   #19
2 Rivet Member

Congratulations Blackbox. And what a way to try it out, a trip down the coast to SoCal. This is a great place to learn and also to pass on what you have learned. We have been talking a West Coast rally for all the Classic Airstream MH owners is the Pacific Northwest. There is alot of interest and a great chance to meet other Airstream aficionado's.
Old 02-11-2003, 06:56 PM   #20
3 Rivet Member

1981 28' Airstream 280
Griffin , Georgia
blackbox
glad to hear you are the owner of an airstream. Your trip to SoCal sounds like alot of fun also.

this thread has been interesting also.
a new rally shaping up in the NW and a new owner.

that sounds like an excuse for a road trip and an impromptu get together of both groups in the future