Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-18-2018, 12:58 PM   #1
1 Rivet Member

2018 27' Flying Cloud
San Jose , California
2018 Flying Cloud SunExplorerII panel question

I have a VERY new AS 2018 Flying Cloud 27FB with 2 solar panels mounted on the roof, and a SunExplorerII panel to show the solar output and battery state. One of the values displayed is "Solar Voltage". In my trailer, this value always displays "0", regardless of "Solar Charge Amps" showing a real value (if the unit is charging the batteries).

Can anybody comment on this? The batteries are being recharged (between rainstorms) as I've had shore power removed for a day or two, and leaving things on in the trailer to cause a power drain. Besides the Solar Voltage value always being "0", the solar system seems to be working well. I have charged batteries...

Thanks,
Doug
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Airstream SunExplorerII view.jpg
Views:	108
Size:	11.0 KB
ID:	306585  
CoolCatDaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2018, 03:11 PM   #2
Rivet Master

2024 Interstate 19
Fulton , Maryland
A day or two without shore power and your battery voltage shows 12.4. It means they are at about 60% SOC or 40% discharged. How much do you have turned on to load your batteries? How big are your solar panels? I recall Airstream is installing 100 watt panels and you said you have two. Doesn't sound like your are getting much of a solar charge. The zero solar voltage indicates your system is not hooked up correctly or a wire got loose.

Recommend you contact Airstream customer service for help on your new trailer. Also you posted this in the motor home sub forum and might get more responses in the trailer sub forum.

Good luck,
- - Mike
Previous: 2013 Airstream Interstate 3500 Ext Lounge
Boxster1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2019, 01:11 PM   #3
1 Rivet Member

2012 Interstate Coach
Newport Beach , California
Just had another panel installed and whenever I look at that sunexplorer it shows "0" But I read the manual and it says it cycles every 4 minutes so if you wait you may catch it charging. I did finally see it charging at 4.6 amps yesterday with full sun. I cleared the amp hours to zero and this afternoon is showed 8.3 so it was clearing working yesterday in that bright sun and my battery is at 12.6/ 90% which is supposedly the max.
Campbrd is offline   Reply With Quote