Old 01-04-2006, 05:33 PM   #1
1 Rivet Member
Currently Looking...
San Diego , California
2.7l I5 Turbo Diesel Engine Info

I am looking for information on the 2.7L I5 TURBO DIESEL engine?

I am considering the purchase of a class B motorhome with this engine in it!

Thanks Folks!
"I wanna' cold beer and I wanna' see something naked"

Majiklegs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2006, 09:14 PM   #2
Rivet Master
Who manufactured the engine for this motorhome. How many miles does it have? Do they have the engine service records? Got pictures?

Tinsel Loaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2006, 10:52 PM   #3
2 Rivet Member
At a guess, are you talking about the engine used in some of the mini-Winnebagos, Shabarros I think they were called?

If so they were made by Renault, by reputation an okay engine at least for a French automotive product (but perhaps made in Italy- the best possible combo!) No longer supported by the manufacturer in North America but I seem to recall there is a small business with a web presence that imports parts from the motherland. I found it on Google.
bobechs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2006, 11:00 PM   #4
. , .
that would be the.......

mercedes benz dahlmer chrysler dodge freightliner......diesel.

usually refered to as the "dodge sprinter van" with a "mercedes engine"

this is a world wide motor and used in LOTS of the f-liner, postal, rvs and so on. at least 10 class b rvs are built on this chassis and with this motor. rumored to get 22 mpg.......airstream does 3 models on this platform.

i drove a canadian rv b van and it was nice.......
modest hp, but with the turbo it makes a lot of torque. it is a lot better set up that the old vw vr6 for hauling but really the performance #s are about the same.....but with better mpg and longer life and better towing capacity. as i recall 150 hp or so but 240 ftlbs torque......not really noisey....for a diesel.

my understanding is that in 07 this engine will be replaced with a bit bigger (4 liter ?) but that's not a reason to wait.

are you looking at the airsteam b van or some other brand?

2airishuman is offline   Reply With Quote