Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-03-2004, 10:57 PM   #1
2 Rivet Member

Question 1986 AS 345 MH AC Drains

On my 1986 345, there are two AC units (front and rear). So far, I have only found one drain in the drivers side rear wheel well ( short piece of rubber hose extending out approx. 3") that will have water dripping out when the rear AC is on. Does the front AC also tie into this drain or does it have a seperate drain and if so, where does it drain out ? When the front AC is on, I do not see any water draining from the hose in the wheel well but drains out over the skin of the MH. I'm assuming that the front drain is plugged whether tied into rear drain or a seperate drain. Thanks for any input. Jim
Old 06-04-2004, 05:53 AM   #2
Rivet Master

1978 31' Sovereign
Texas Airstream Harbor , Zavalla, in the Deep East Texas Piney Woods on Lake Sam Rayburn
The front drain is located.....

just behind the driver side front mud flap, right next to the outside skin.

If you lay on the ground with your head between the rear of the front tire and the front of the LP tank, the drain is located just to the rear of the mudflap/cockpit riser/LP Tank Bulkhead. The protrusion is the same as the rear drain.

If you remove the inside AC shroud, you can see the drain connection to the drip pan, about the middle of the cutout area, on the drivers side.

Luck

"Suck it up, spend the bucks, do it right the first time."

WBCCI # 1113
AirForums #1737

Trailer '78 31' Sovereign

Living Large at an Airstream Park on the Largest Lake Totally Contained in Texas
Texas Airstream Harbor, Inc.
87MH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2004, 10:18 PM   #3
2 Rivet Member

Thanks Dennis, I would have responded earlier but computer has been down. I will check the drain out in the AM to see if it is plugged. As far as this computer goes, it was working fine until I took it outside and washed it out!!!!!!!!!!! Thanks, Jim