Originally Posted by reinergirl
That's very exciting and definately is progress, pictures are obligatory !!
You are so right! Here are updated pics.
We've got the insulation and the first two of several interior panels back in place. We replaced the wiring while we had the interior panels off.
I'm still scrubbing the ceiling panels as I have time. You can see how blackened they were from 20+ years of neglect. It almost looks like smoke damage, but there were no other indications of fire, so it's a bit of a mystery. It comes off using a dilution of Super-Clean and a rag or sponge. Time-consuming...
The small plastic patch to the left of the front door is where the furnace vent belongs. We'll be putting a temporary patch there until we're ready to reinstall the furnace.
I decided that having the "Globe Trotter" name plate re-chromed would be too time-consuming and expensive, so I decided to repaint it using the same hammered-look Rustoleum that I'll be using on the tongue, bumper, and step. It turned out nice!
Every day brings something new!