so this weekend i installed a new fantastic fan (really bummed i didnt but the VTS one with the flat lid so i could exchange out the new lid for the modified old lid - the fan motor sits too high on 'regular' (read: cheap) - fantastic fans). and i shaped the new doors for the front cabinet. also gave up on finding 6V batteries and just went to sears and got a 12v
rv/deep cycle batt.
OH, and - the biggest progress for the weekend - attempted to tackle the electric.
so when i attempted to install the new fan, it didnt work. (dad's) troubleshooting determined that it was that the trailer wasnt grounded.
so at some point the ground was disconnected from the trailer so we spent a while chasing that. i had ordered an intelli-power charger / dist. panel / converter but no one had any idea what the hell to do with it... so once we came up with a plan (run new wires from batt to intelli-power) , that was a whole project in itself. we wanted to go beneath flloor / above belly ban, but frame got in the way. so we worked around that by drilling a hole in the floor, threading the wires over the frame, and back down under the floor (we will be putting 1/4" ply over the subfloor anyway so no matter - it was a SMALL hole).
so once we got the ground figured out, plus a trip to home depot (third of the weekend), i was able to hook up the fan.
then i ran out of olympic rivets : / so i finished with some pop rivets with massive amts of silicone on top. the fan is crazy ugly, but whatever. we made the decision to go with no A/C so it was necessary. i'm thinking, when i have time, ill clad it in aluminum.
we had wanted the trailer finished by this weekend to make it to crawfish fest in NJ, but that didnt happen. so next deadline is to be operable (at least toilet, batteries and running lites) by the 19th, in time for my cousin's music festival in new hope, PA.
still on the 'to do' list to finish trailer;
- install 1/4" ply over old lino for install of 2mm marmoluem. install marmoleum over new flooring.
- build cabinetry for curbside of trailer. install counter over cabinets.
- stain curb & streetside cabinetry.
- install kit. sink, cooktop. run12V wiring for cooktop +110v outlet for fridge (below counter), install 12 or 110v / combo lighting.
- bathroom; fix shower faucet (handles installed wrong due to incorrect gasket), install toilet, black water tank flush line, build bath sink cabinet, install sink, sink faucet, trim. install 12V
lights. paint bath fiverglass.
- finish polishing exterior; re-install ext.running lights.
- patch belly skin (we had cut holes to run new wires to intelli-power)
- install brake controller, 7 blade connector on pigtail, new batt**
- install new wheels, tires (already mounted)
**ok, so after i bought this stupid 12v
batt from sears, i found out what kind of battery actually fit(s) fit into our skinny battery box on the front - a tractor battery! its called a 3ET i think. im ordering one from batteries plus. SWEET! i wont have to build a new batt box. SO PSYCHED.
- new screen material in screens
- replace cracked front window glass w/ auto glass.
- paint wheels, buy & install hubcaps... im sure more to do. it never ends.
last weekend i felt like we were so close to getting to the end.
this weekend, i feel like we have WAY to much to do to be close to the end.
now that its summer - i just wanna camp already!