Old 05-19-2006, 11:29 PM   #15
3 Rivet Member

1962 19' Globetrotter
sunnyvale , California
2006 rocky mtn a/s rally.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 47WeeWind
Hi Wayne and Blake:

There are nine 1960's Globe Trotters registered to date for our 2006 Rocky Mt. Rally, enough to form a village, name it "Globeville", and have its caring villagers raise my Wee Wind until it finishes childhood. We also have a variety of Travelers, Bambis, Bambi IIs and Caravels coming too, perhaps enough to incorporate a town called Shorton or Stubby Heights. Maybe we should shoot for the "Shortest Trailer Rally of the Year" award!

We pray you guys can find the time to attend, check out your trailers' siblings, and get many new and old ideas to implement. Wayne, I'll have my laptop and flatbed scanner there for scanning documents, but hope you can find the right drivers to get your scanner operational in the meantime. As The Little Printz says, "God Bless every trailer, but especially the length-impaired."
hey fred, i just wanted to let you know that i have registered for the rally and sent in the fees yesterday for the nites of 8/11/06-8/15/06. i found my cyclo and nuvite but ive been real busy at work so im bringing it along just in case ive got a few spare moments.ill have to go to my folks ranch and start getting her ready for the trip.i sold my 2000 27ft safari a while back and put a lot of the contents inside the globetrotter but that shouldnt take too long to sort out.then i can find the things i wanted to bring to upload to the v.a.c.for others to view on the 62 globetrotter that so many people have asked me for that i am willing to share.i might arrive a few days early to the rally. see you then. wayne wunder 62 globetrotter. i cant believe its been more than a few years since i LAST HAD HER OUT"

wayne wunder ,w.b.c.c.i./v.a.c.#4287 1962 19ft globetrotter
wunderful62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2006, 11:46 PM   #16
Rivet Master

1960 24' Tradewind
santa barbara , California
Hello stagecoachbill ,

your valve is indeed brass ,what you need is the sewer elbow which is cast aluminum ,do you have the termination cap also aluminum?These parts are almost made of unobtainium meaning tuff to find .I have a termination cap if you need one.

Scott

Old 05-20-2006, 12:02 AM   #17
Rivet Master

1960 24' Tradewind
santa barbara , California
Well ,there will be at least one 60 tradewind going ,and it's ours .Im really looking forward to it.I don't have to much to do to our rig but get a final traveling polish on her when we get closer to august .I like to do a preflight spruce up before departure when im going on a run.

Scott of scottanlily
Old 05-20-2006, 06:38 PM   #18
3 Rivet Member

1962 19' Globetrotter
sunnyvale , California
Rivet

Quote:
Originally Posted by 47WeeWind
Hi Wayne and Blake:

There are nine 1960's Globe Trotters registered to date for our 2006 Rocky Mt. Rally, enough to form a village, name it "Globeville", and have its caring villagers raise my Wee Wind until it finishes childhood. We also have a variety of Travelers, Bambis, Bambi IIs and Caravels coming too, perhaps enough to incorporate a town called Shorton or Stubby Heights. Maybe we should shoot for the "Shortest Trailer Rally of the Year" award!

We pray you guys can find the time to attend, check out your trailers' siblings, and get many new and old ideas to implement. Wayne, I'll have my laptop and flatbed scanner there for scanning documents, but hope you can find the right drivers to get your scanner operational in the meantime. As The Little Printz says, "God Bless every trailer, but especially the length-impaired."
hey fred, i just wanted to let you know that it looks like i will be going to the rocky mtn rally after all,with my 62 globetrotter.i sent you a message last nite but didnt see it posted so it must not have gone through.it was one of the last things i did on the computer last nite and i didnt check to see if it had posted, so ill see you there 8/11/06-8/15/06
wayne wunder ,w.b.c.c.i./v.a.c.#4287 1962 19ft globetrotter
wunderful62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2006, 05:08 PM   #19
2 Rivet Member

1969 31' Sovereign
Elizabeth , Colorado
Hi Scottanlily,
Thanks for the info but I gave up and went for a completely new way of handeling the sewer connection, I found out throught trial and trial and trial that a Valterra elbow just fit up inside the brass fitting. Using plastic cement and a strap i got it down to a 3" codes drain pipe which I ran to the left side corner of the bumper and put a new gate valve there at the corner. I cut off and sealed the gray water 1 1/4" pipes to the brass fitting and teed them together and into their own 3" drain which I ran paralles to same corner with its own gate valve, This effectively gives me a gray water tank that is 3" in diameter and 5' long. If this works well I may incease its holding capacity by adding another 3" pipe parallel to it the width of the trailer. I be glad to show it off at the VAC Rally. See you there.
WBCCI #5345
62 Globe Trotter 19'
69 Sovereign 31'
04 E-350 Van 6.0 diesel
stagecoachbill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2006, 04:01 PM   #20
Addicted to Aluminum

1959 18' "Footer"
1964 24' Tradewind
1954 29' Liner
Woodstock , Georgia
i just joined the 62 globe trotter club myself. it's mroe of ashell than a trailer at this point! ha! this one makes 3 for me... and none of them have working toilets! oh well! what fun would THAT be?

i do need to get some plans for a side dinette, though if anyone has them handy? i just posted another thread on it.

trot on!

jp

there's always room for one more!
A-Merry-Can is offline   Reply With Quote