Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Knowledgebase > Airstream Trailer Forums > Globetrotter > 1960 - 1964 Globetrotter
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 02-05-2013, 02:33 PM   #1
SRC

1963 19' Globetrotter
Dallas , Texas
1963 CA Made Globetrotter Refurb - Newbie.

Hello Everyone,

First time writer. But big fan and 3 week scavenger of info on here. My wife and I just purchased our first Airstream and the PO did a lot of work to restore it before we took over the caretaking and renovation—hence my visits to the forum. However at times I think just when I understand something I read something else and am baffled....

In sum, the GT was completely gutted and came to us as an empty shell. Well done, but sense I like to reverse engineer I'm left without what the original looked like. I've figured out pretty much all of the plumbing concerns I had based on all the info I found here. I'm now trying to figure out the electrical. It looks like all interior wiring was left in tact. It has grounded outlets. It also has blue wires running to the lights behind the door-side wheel well, and in front (where the water tank would go)..

I understand that the 63' globetrotter has a separate 12v/110 system, but how do I get it work and how do they work together, if all. Specifically, I'll share where I think the battery goes, the lights, etc. I'd like to run a charge from the battery.

I'll post some pictures and any thoughts would be very much appreciated. Long enough post for my first time.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	photo-1.JPG
Views:	165
Size:	71.2 KB
ID:	178305   Click image for larger version

Name:	photo-2.JPG
Views:	164
Size:	71.8 KB
ID:	178306  

Click image for larger version

Name:	photo-3.JPG