Old 11-10-2006, 08:54 PM   #15
Addicted to Aluminum
1959 18' "Footer"
1964 24' Tradewind
1954 29' Liner
Woodstock , Georgia
mine's galvanized steel... i did polish up the copper water fill cap, though! and the brass LP warning tag. also had to polish up one corner, just to inspire me that ONE day, it will indeed be worth it... one day... a LONG time from now...

does anyone know any secret to getting rid of caulk on the skin? i bet the original owner used 5 tubes of caulk on the front cap... no WONDER we call em "PO"s...

there's always room for one more!
A-Merry-Can is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2006, 07:09 AM   #16
Vintage Alum. Enthusiast

1959 24' Tradewind
Phoenix , Arizona
Yup. Same here - polished up the brass LPG tag and the water fill cap. Actually, polished up two different fill caps and lost the first one. It was brass and sure wish I still had it. Now I've got an aluminum one.

4CU 2699 / AIR 10 / TAC AZ-1

I'm haunted by aluminum.
Charter Member of the 4 Corners Unit.
flyfshr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2008, 10:27 PM   #17
3 Rivet Member
1961 19' Globetrotter
1959 18' "Footer"
santa cruz , California
Originally Posted by Melody Ranch
Your search will be easier with the experience of others. Sources and know how are both available.

Don't use air pressure on the Water system unless you know it has pressure relief that works. Some of those 60's had an air valve put in the filler neck with no relief available...LOOK OUT BELOW!

Go with a pump. Use your Tradewind as a guide.
i am in a very similiar position testing my 'new to me' 61 GT. the air compressor (at tank filler) doesnt have a shut off when reaching proper pressure? i blew out something today testing and flushing but not from the 12v compressor. it was in the back/below dripped out the shower side but could be anything under there. i hooked up the hose inlet and was waitng for the hot water heater to fill up all the time watching what i thought was an overflow valve on the water heater. -think it was but only for hot water extreme pressure. then the blowout. darn! please dont tell me the hose 'inlet' is a drain only. these pressurized systems are meant to have pressurized water from hook ups ,right? -not just filling the tank as needed? hope thats coherent! thanks.
greenrig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2008, 08:51 PM   #18
3 Rivet Member
1961 19' Globetrotter
1959 18' "Footer"
santa cruz , California
i glad no one responded to that because i was wrong about a lot of things and figured out my own mistakes. the blowout (turns out it wasnt a blowout at all) was a broken p trap under the shower from road debris. and the leaking wasnt from the pressure of the inlet hook up it was from water draining out the broken p trap. i thought it was all connected in some magical way but it was from me turning on the faucets and it draining out the p trap. i laugh now.

greenrig is offline   Reply With Quote

1962, 1962 globetrotter