Old 04-18-2003, 06:06 PM   #1
3 Rivet Member
1962 19' Globetrotter
sunnyvale , California
1962 Airstream Globetrotter

I BOUGHT A NICE 1962 19 FT AIRSTREAM GLOBETROTTER FROM MY NEXTDOOR NEIGHBOR OUT IN THE ALMADEN VALLEY OF SOUTH SAN JOSE.IT IS VERY ORIGINAL AND COMPLETE AND IN VERY GOOD CONDITION.MY NEIGBORS MOM WAS THE ORIGINAL OWNER OF THE TRAILER,SHE WAS 98 YRS OLD WHEN SHE PASSED AWAY TEN YRS AGO.HE OFFERED IT TO ME FOR SALE THEN BUT I HADNT YET BEEN BITTEN BY THE AIRSTREAM TRAILER BUG.WHEN I CALLED OVER THERE THE OTHER DAY IT WAS STILL THERE AND HADNT MOVED AN INCH IN THE 10 YRS IT SAT THERE.EVENTUALLY WE STRUCK A DEAL.LOOKING BACK NOW "BOY WAS I LUCKY'.the santa clara unit people of w.b.c.c.i. showed me around with it and everything was working.the bowen gas water heater light rite up,the original norcold propane /electric fridge made ice,the then original(toilet is a pedamatic ive mainly just cleaned it up a bit,converted it over to electric brakes,the water tank up under the front bed for self contained required minor welding.all the cabinetry is solid and original and it tows like a dream.i took it to the hobo run this year,and a couple of the santa clara airstream unit events in santa nella ,los banos merced,mojave,bakersfield,blythe,arizona,felton,an d manteca. there are a few pics of it if you go to w.b.c.c.i. santa clara unit,then scroll down to the hobo rally pics (SANTA CLARA UNIT),CLICK ON THERE THEN CLICK ON EACH OF THE PHOTOS, (ONE IS TITLED''waynes globetrotter'')ILL BE PUTTING SOME ON THIS SITE SHORTLY OF THE INTERIOR/EXTERIOR AS I FIGURE THINGS OUT.IM SHORT OF A DIGITAL CAMERA YET AND HAVE ONLY A DIGITAL CAMCORDER.WAYNE WUNDER..IF SOMEONE WHO KNOWS IS WILLING TO HELP OUT WITH THE UPLOAD AND COULD TAKE THE TIME OUT TO E MAIL ME AND WALK ME THROUGH THE UPLOAD PROCEDURE TO THE AIRSTREAM PHOTOS SITE FROM DIGITAL CAMCORDER STILL PICS I WOULD GREATLY APPRECIATE IT. thanks to all,until then WAYNE WUNDER (

wunderful62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2003, 02:36 PM   #2
4 Rivet Member

Since no one else has bothered to Welcome you,

Welcome to the Forums Wayne!!

Congradulations on your find! I'm thinking there are more than a few jelious owners (and want to be owners) out there.

Sorry I can't help with the digital camera .... but I'm about as good at that as I am finding a place to balance my running gear
(as a unit) anywhere but the west coast.

airstreamcaravel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2003, 03:06 PM   #3
3 Rivet Member
1962 19' Globetrotter
sunnyvale , California
1962 globetrotter

thanks for the welcome,this looks like an interesting site.ive since found a page on the upload procedure from a digital camcorder when i was on line earlier.guess ill try to go back to it and find out what i can. thanks for the reply and welcome, anytime wayne
wunderful62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2008, 06:37 AM   #4
3 Rivet Member
1962 19' Globetrotter
2001 31' Excella

I know this is a difficult question to answer, but what would the price range of a 1962 Globetrotter be? I have an original owner ready to sell, but neither of us really knows a fair price. It is in very nice, original condition, 100% operational.
Craig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2008, 06:51 AM   #5
Site Team
, Minnesota

You can start here. The worksheet is a few years old, but prices are pretty realistic.
markdoane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2008, 08:56 AM   #6
Rivet Master
Commercial Member
1954 22' Safari
Deerfield , Illinois
Send a message via AIM to bredlo
I've seen them range from $300 to $12000. So yeah, use Markdoane's link to narrow it down a bit.

bredlo is offline   Reply With Quote