Old 02-21-2011, 08:08 AM   #1
4 Rivet Member

1964 17' Bambi II
Vintage Kin Owner
Strasburg , Pennsylvania
Dinette in Bambi II?

I am looking to continue gutting my interior when the weather breaks here in PA. My plans include installing a dinette to replace one of the sofa beds. I would like to place it street side where the lengthwise couch is now- but wheel well constraints as well as fresh water tank, and other mechanical gear make me wonder if this is possible or logical.

Has anyone ever placed a dinette in this position? I know dinettes have been built in the front of the trailers.

Regardless, when I get more interior out and the structural work completed to make my AS towable, I will mock some things up with old paneling to see what will fit where.

Old 02-21-2011, 09:16 AM   #2
1 Rivet Member

1964 17' Bambi II
1955 22' Flying Cloud
Edgewood , New Mexico
Ben,
My Bambi II is just like yours. I am restoring mine also. I have removed everything from inside and am now in the process of reconstruction. I don't think there is enough room to install a dinette on the streetside due to the wheelwell and water tank (there will not be any room for feet). I plan on installing a front dinette/bed with a streetside gaucho.

Gary

Old 02-21-2011, 09:23 AM   #3
Rivet Master

1956 22' Safari
Vintage Kin Owner
Conifer/Evergreen , Colorado
Our Safari has a dinette on the streetside...but we have a lot more room (6 feet) to deal with, most of it in front of the wheelwell. Even our GT wouldn't have enough room for one on the streetside and it's still bigger than a Bambi II. One thing I have seen successfully is a shallow built-in bench along the streetside with a narrow table parallel to it. Then chairs used opposite...not quite a "dinette" per se, but an option for getting more seating in there.

Shari
WBCCI #1824 - DenCO Unit Past President (2005)
AIR #30 - Join Date: 2-25-2002

RMVAC | WBCCI DenCO Unit | Sisters on the Fly | Tin Can Tourists
BIRDY - our 1956 Safari | 1964 Serro Scotty
InsideOut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2011, 10:00 AM   #4
4 Rivet Member

1964 17' Bambi II
Vintage Kin Owner
Strasburg , Pennsylvania
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver Bambi View Post
Ben,
My Bambi II is just like yours. I am restoring mine also. I have removed everything from inside and am now in the process of reconstruction. I don't think there is enough room to install a dinette on the streetside due to the wheelwell and water tank (there will not be any room for feet). I plan on installing a front dinette/bed with a streetside gaucho.

Gary
I think the Bambi II is an awesome little trailer! I don't think there will be enough room street side, either, but I am still going to play with mock ups. The biggest issue is the wheel well placement and the bathroom wall. There is just not much room there. It will probably be much more practical to make the dinette in the front.
Old 02-21-2011, 06:53 PM   #5

1964 17' Bambi II
Ventura , California
Hello,
I have been restoring mine for one year now! I gutted, it out new electrical, plumbing, appliances, water heater, custom water tank, added double batteries, two new propane tanks. I need allot repair to the body...thats going to have to wait for now. I live in Calfornia beach town - my theme is the beach of course. I added the dinette in the front. I love it.
Old 02-21-2011, 11:40 PM   #6
1 Rivet Member

1964 17' Bambi II
1955 22' Flying Cloud
Edgewood , New Mexico
Reebop,

I am planning to install a front dinette in my Bambi II. How difficult was your install? Can you post some pictures?

Gary