Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-23-2016, 03:31 PM   #601
Rivet Master

1964 17' Bambi II
1961 24' Tradewind
Strasburg , Pennsylvania
Quote:
Originally Posted by Becky B. View Post
No, we didn't have to change it. The black tank & shower pan were the ONLY thing that survived on the interior of my trailer. Lucky for you, I took a bunch of pictures of how we put a new flange in the existing hole. So here you go!Attachment 269798
That is definitely helpful, Becky. The one I ordered from VTS will not work, but I can see how yours would. Did you order IF333A (ABS) or IF333P (PVC)?

I may see if my local plumbing place can hook me up. Did you glue your flange on, or somehow screw or bolt it?

Thanks as always for all of your help!!

Ben
Old 08-23-2016, 09:40 PM   #602
Rivet Master

1964 17' Bambi II
Vintage Kin Owner
Schererville , Indiana
Quote:
Originally Posted by PA BAMBI II View Post
That is definitely helpful, Becky. The one I ordered from VTS will not work, but I can see how yours would. Did you order IF333A (ABS) or IF333P (PVC)?

I may see if my local plumbing place can hook me up. Did you glue your flange on, or somehow screw or bolt it?

Thanks as always for all of your help!!

Ben
Honestly, it was so long ago that I don't remember if it was glued or screwed in. I want to say it screwed in, but not positive. ABS is black, I believe. So it was the PVC one. It's nice & snug. No wobbles!

1964 Bambi II
1988 Avion 32S
Becky B. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2017, 06:41 AM   #603
Rivet Master

1964 17' Bambi II
1961 24' Tradewind
Strasburg , Pennsylvania
Quote:
Originally Posted by Becky B. View Post
My hubby plumbed the grey tanks to the shower pan today. He's going to run the grey water from the kitchen sink in with the vent on that side of the trailer, so this is all the plumbing that will be under the trailer. We used a Hepvo drain on the shower so we don't have to have the p-trap hanging out of the bottom of the trailer.
Becky, I am getting very close to having my gray tank manufactured out of aluminum at the local tech school. I am wondering if you (or hubby) can clarify for me whether I can plumb both the sink and shower into one fitting (inlet) that also acts as the outlet from the tank? That along with the vent would only require two fittings to be added to the tank.

I am just not sure if I need to have separate inlets for each appliance (inlet for sink/inlet for shower pan) plus the outlet for waste, or if there can be one in the same.

Any advice? We are hoping to have gray water holding facilities for our upcoming Disney trip!!

Blessings, Ben
Old 04-03-2017, 07:19 PM   #604
Rivet Master

1964 17' Bambi II
Vintage Kin Owner
Schererville , Indiana
If the layout is the same, the sink is farther forward and the shower all the way back. In my system there are two tanks in separate cavities in the frame, one in front of the axle and one in back. Each tank requires a vent out the top of the tank, they can be vented together. This vent usually connects to the drain pipe from the sink and continues out the roof. The drain from the shower has very little pitch to drain and the trap sticks out of the belly pan. For this reason I used Hevpro replacements that act as an inline trap and they work well. Even though I didn't need to, I used one on the sink to save the space used by the trap. The Hevpro acts as a one way valve. The sink can drain into the vent opening in the tank, tied in with the vent pipe. The shower should tie into the pipe coming out of the back of the tank to take advantage of all the pitch available. This is the pipe going to the discharge valve. You may only have one tank, but the idea is still the same.

Ben---I had my husband, Bill, write this for you. He was the official plumber & electrician!!!

1964 Bambi II
1988 Avion 32S
Becky B. is offline   Reply With Quote